"Would you like some hot chocolate?" I asked Shawn and he nodded, blowing into his hands after taking his gloves off. I stood up and then went to the kitchen, grabbing a mug from the cabinet.

I poured him a mug of the steaming beverage, tossing a few marshmallows on top before walking back towards the living room. "Here you go." I offered and he thanked him as we sat on the couch beside one another.

"All the decorations are in bags and boxes upstairs, care to help me set everything up?" He asked since he didn't allow me to put anything up until we had the tree.

"Yes!" I said quickly, jumping up and running upstairs. "I'm changing first!"

"Go ahead. We have a lot of time!"

-

I sat cross legged as Shawn fixed the lights along the tree and I filled the glass jars he bought with candy. They were chocolates wrapped in coloured tinfoil, so they were pretty to look at.

I closed the jaw after fitting all of the red candies in there, doing the same with the green ones and gold ones. "The lights are up on the tree. Does it look good?" Shawn asked and I nodded my head.

"It looks beautiful. So can we put the ornaments and ribbon up? The star and candy canes?" I asked and he nodded as I jumped up.

I put the jaws of candy on top of the fireplace along with the glass figurines and then picked up a box of ornaments. I went up to the tree and then began putting them on. He stood beside me with the silver ribbon in his hands, wrapping it around the tree before helping me.

We sang random Christmas songs as we decorated his entire living room, ribbons hanging from the tops of the windows and stockings against the fireplace. Wreaths were placed on the front door and the middle of the fireplace, and the bells were placing in the middle of that. The same lights that were on the tree wrapped around the piano aswell, decorating it so it didn't look left out.

I set the empty boxes of ornaments down, and then grabbed the candy canes, placing them on the tree with Shawn. "It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas," he sang out of nowhere and I smiled gently as I danced around the living room lightly, picking up the second thing of candy canes. "Toys in every store..."

I hummed along, feeling happy and free for the first time since I've been here. It was indescribable. It's almost as if I just went to a friend's house.

I accidentally broke a candy cane and he rose an eyebrow at me. "Can't put this on the tree now, you'll get ants." I pointed out and then unwrapped it, placing half of it in my mouth. I offered him the second half.

"You can't do that! God Jenny..." He scolded me, copying my actions acnynd putting the candy in his mouth.

We laughed and I set the empty box on the table, grabbing the skirt for the tree. I unwrapped it and then bent down, wrapping it around the base of the tree. when I stood up, Shawn was holding the tree topper - a shimmering star.

"Will you do the honors?" He asked me and I took it from him. I looked at the top of the tree and sighed.

"I'm too short-"

He picked me up and I clutched on to him, squealing slightly. "You're gonna drop me!" I said and he promised that he wouldn't. "You better not!"

"I won't." He swore and I leaned forward a bit. I placed it on the top of the tree and he set me down, spinning me around so I could face the tree.

"It's so pretty."

"It's agree." He chuckled lightly and I looked up at him. "Thank you for helping me set this all up."

"You're welcome. Thank you for letting me help." I smiled and he nodded, telling me not to mention it.

His hand gently grabbed my arm, his fingers curling around the limb slowly as he brought me closer to him. Our eyes were locked, and I don't think I've ever felt this lost in someone's eyes. They weren't sparkling emeralds or deep blue seas, no, not at all, and they never could be, but that's okay because they were better than that.

They were warm and soft. A light and airy shade of brown that reflected the surrounding lights brilliantly an just seemed to invite me, and everyone else, in. They made me feel safe and protected and not once have they turned cold on me. They were breathtaking.

"Do... Do you want to kiss me... as much as I wanna kiss you?" He whispered and I looked down at his hands. The one that once held my arm, now held my waist and the other was awkwardly placed on my jaw.

I looked back up and him and he seemed to get more and more nervous as silent seconds passed us by. I bit my bottom lip and then nodded my head, a smile tugging on my own lips.

"I think even more." I murmured and I leaned up as he leaned down. Our lips pressed against one another's and I felt like I melted despite the freezing tempatures outside.

His touch was soft and gentle, our lips molding against one another's as if we were meant to be. Like we were made for one another. As of now, I don't think I'd fight it if we were. It seemed as time and time passed, I just grew more and more into him, and it all started with that blasted dream.

I didn't know what to do with my hands, so I just sneaked them around his neck, pulling him down further as he pulled me closer to him.

We pulled away only a moment after, breathing heavily as we stared at each other. "You have no idea how long I've wanted that to happen." He mumbled, his face going red like a bar across his upper cheeks.

"I didn't hate that." I replied and he laughed lightly. "I really liked it." I felt the need to admit.

"Me too." He agreed and I leaned into him, my face burying in his chest as he wrapped both arms around my waist. He swayed us back and forth and I looked outside as it snowed.

I don't think I've ever had a more perfect moment than this. This was amazing, absolutely breathtaking.

"Can I see your phone?" I asked Shawn and he handed it to me. I opened the front camera and he laughed as we took a picture together, our Christmas decorations behind us and the fireplace burning brightly.

"It's perfect." He told me and I agreed with him.