Chapter 6

" You have to get out of bed at sometime," Tyler said, annoyed now.

I looked at him with an annoyed expression back.

" My knee is fucking swollen and it hurts to walk. I cant't see out my right eye and I know I look like shit. I'm not ready to get out of bed and start the day. Now go the fuck downstairs and stop bothering me."

I pulled a pillow over my face and after hearing him walk away I threw the pillow and pulled the covers over my face.

I closed my eyes and was about to fall back to sleep when a cold bucket of water was splashed on me.

I screamed a stream of cuss words at him and pulled the covers away from myself.

" Get up." he said again with a smirk.
He had bed hair still and his hair looked really different when it wasn't gelled. It made him look more innocent and nice.

Looks can be deceiving though.

" Asshole."

I sat up and moved my legs over the side and only bent my good leg. He handed me crutches and I snatched them and got up.

"I need new clothes."

He threw me a pair of his sweats and a shirt.

" Take a shower then come downstairs for breakfast." he said, then left and I heard him go down stairs.

I went to his bathroom and didn't dare look at myself. I couldn't sleep well because I kept replaying what happened. I was scared for Daniel and I just simply can't fall asleep in a new place.

I took a quick shower, balancing on my good knee all the while.

After I got out I got dressed and rolled the sweatpants at the waist at least three times since he was a couple inches taller than me. I brushed my teeth with a toothbrush that was lying out in its package still, ran my fingers through my hair and finally looked up at myself.

I gasped and my eyes instantly formed tears. I looked like I had gotten jumped. The left side of my face was different shades of yellow, green and purple and my right eye was swollen shut and, well, black and purplish.
I wiped away my tears and took a deep breath. No use in crying when you can't fix what's already been done.

I picked up my clothes and dropped it onto his bed, where it was still soaking wet.

I left his bedroom and went to the stairs. I thought for a while then held both of my crutches in my left hand while I held on to the railing with my right hand. I hopped down the stairs, one at a time and taking a break after a couple. When I finally made it to the last step, I silently thanked God and situated myself on the crutches again and went into the kitchen.

Tyler was sitting at the kitchen counter eating a bowl of cereal, his mom was watching tv and making some type of recipe, and and his dad was reading the newspaper.

Tyler looked up and smiled at me.

" Mom, dad. Ashley. Ashley, mom and dad." he said.

They looked up and I saw where his looks came from quickly.

He looked nothing like his mom. She was small and petite with light brown eyes and a blonde hair. His dad, on the other hand, had green eyes and brown hair the same exact shade as Tyler except he had a couple grays mixed in. He was well built and when he smiled at me I could see where his grin came from.

" Hi Ashley." his mom said.

" Hi." I said quietly with a small smile.

I've never been good with parents, or adults in general. I just didn't know how to act around them and felt pretty shy to talk to them. Unless they were a pain in the ass. Then I was a bitch to them.