Chapter 4

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I groaned and turned my alarm off.
I lied in bed for a couple seconds longer then got up, trudging to the bathroom.

" Why are you up so early?" I heard Daniel ask from his room.

I walked into his room and rubbed the sleep from my eyes.

" Tyler's picking me up." I mumbled.

" Why so early?" he asked, sitting up.

" Getting breakfast."

" Why can't you eat breakfast at school like always?"

" Need a ride after school for work. Wouldn't give ride if I didn't have breakfast." I wasn't talking in complete sentences but I was too tired to care.

" Who's Tyler?" he asked.

" Guy I met in school." I said.

Even this tired I knew better than to mention detention.

" Oh. You like him?" he asked.
I groaned.

" Does it look like I'm excited to be up for him to pick me up."

He laughed and I couldn't help but crack a tiny smile. His laugh always made me smile.

" Go take a shower and brush your teeth, morning breath. Hurry up. I gotta get to work."

I walked to the bathroom and took a fifteen minute shower, making sure to wash my hair since I didn't wash it last night.

I got out and wrapped a towel around my body and brushed my teeth while pulling out my makeup and flat iron.
I spit and gargled mouthwash before getting out.

" About time! Shit." Daniel mumbled and I rolled my eyes, walking to my bedroom.

I put on a pair a light denim jeans that had small rips in them and a red sweater. I slipped on my black Vans and looked at myself in the mirror.
My big blue eyes took in my reflection. My hair was black and really curly, falling midway to my back. I had a decent sized chest and I was pretty curvy and the right places but nothing special. I frowned and looked away.
I looked way too much like my mom and that bothered me a lot. I slid my book bag onto my back and looked at my phone. I saw I had a message from Tyler and opened it.

Tyler: Morning. Don't forget. Six.

Me: I'm not a morning person. Beware.

Tyler: You aren't a people person period.

I smiled.

Me: Whatever.

Tyler: I know that made you smile.

Me: Shut up. Now stop texting me and get ready. Don't forget. Breakfast.

Tyler: See you in a couple.

I slid my phone into my back pocket and started banging on the door.

" Stop all that damn banging!" I heard my dad scream.

I jumped and cringed and Daniel opened the door quickly. He looked at me and let me in, closing the door and locking it.

He was dressed in his uniform and was in the middle of shaving.

" Sorry" I mumbled.

" Don't stress it." he said back.

I quietly flat ironed my hair, and after I finished I checked the time.

Shit! I only had five minutes.

Daniel was done shaving but he waited for me. I did my makeup, a thin line of eyeliner and a little blush to add some life to my skin.