Random Roll Table (Revised)

To make choosing a universe for the short stories a bit easier, I've created a random encounter table. This is a modified version of the original table (http://www.martha.net/2013/01/random-inspiration-literally/) and I've swapped things around so I've got 'verses that are easy to write in.

Genre (1d6)

1. Science Fiction
2. Science Fantasy (aka Fantasy in Spaaaaaace!)
3. Urban/Suburban Fantasy
4. High Fantasy
5. None Of The Above (Dark Fantasy/Horror/etc.)
6. Fan Fiction

Verse (1d6)

Science Fiction
=========================================

1. Rabbit'verse - Firsts have the knack of shedding their mental humanity to slip into alien ways of thinking, which makes them perfect candidates for convincing sentient races we're something more than animals.

2. Blackguards and Plaster Saints - One morning the Earth woke to an alien ultimatum: tithe its children to the Fleet in exchange for defense against the interstellar war that was coming or face annihilation alone.

3. Sixteen Tons of Light - Humans have expanded into the universe and the Company makes good profit off supplying the far flung colony worlds with supplies, service personnel, and technology.

4. Skipping Stones - Humans found a way to travel in space, skipping through time... but it doesn't always work.

5. Placeholder'verse - Simon has been kidnapped by an alien spaceship on a suicide mission. Hijinks ensue.

6. Clockwork Sparrow - This is my stab at a cyberpunk universe complete with massive neural networks, hacking/cat-burglary via Pure Awesomeness, and the political infighting of cloned human gene-lines attempting to reestablish their powerbase on Earth.

Science Fantasy
=========================================  

1. StarCrossed - Humanity is far from being alone in the universe, much to their chagrin. Thanks to meddling aliens from long ago, bipedal dogs, cats, birds and a whole host of other animals roam the galaxy– and have dragged humanity into an their Alliance against the dreaded Sslin (giant sentient snakes).

2. Shadows of a Dream - In the void between realities an ancient civilization keeps a watchful eye on those who would travel between worlds. Dreamers are born just once in the multiverse and because they have no counterparts they can travel to any reality they choose.

3. Sundered'verse - The Earth and Not-Earth are in the midst of a Sundering, growing spiral patterns that swap chunks of one planet for another. No one knows how it started, how to stop it, or how to deal with the chaos the Sundering leaves behind.

4. The Phoenix Colony - Three prison ships have been sent to colonize a new world. If they succeed in establishing a foothold their reward is a forgiveness of their crimes and a fresh start with their new homesteads. If they fail, they will be destroyed by the second wave of colonists.

5. Whistling in the Dark - Five thousand years ago Good cheated and their victory in the millennial battle for control lasted a bit longer than it was supposed to. Now Evil has finally set things right, but no one told Good that the game was on. A thousand years of darkness are on the horizon and we're running out of flashlights.

6. In Dreams of Trees - There's a city that waits in the spaces between the worlds, encasing an endless spiral of doors that open to worlds that could have been.