Death is Inevitable at This Point

Sam and Castiel and I walked into the bunker and flipped a switch, turning on the lights.

"Alright...Nellwyn get some sleep." Sam said, running a hand through his hair. Castiel looked to Sam.

"Is there anything I can-"

"Just...stick around for a while." Sam patted Castiel's shoulder. I was emotionally exhausted. We got to the bottom of the stairs and were about to make our way to our rooms, but when I opened my mouth to say something I heard the familiar click of a gun. We all froze. Castiel moved first but then he let out a scream of pain, then he was gone. I panicked.

"Castiel?"I looked around. Sam pushed me behind him. A woman was there, a gun trained on Sam and I.

"So that brat isn't an angel?" She spoke in an accent. I gripped Sam's jacket as he held a hand out.

"Who are you?" He asked. She didn't answer. "Put the gun down. You won't shoot me." Sam stepped forward.

"Sam."I tried to pull him back.

"Get out of here Nellwyn. Don't worry. She won't shoot me." Sam glared at her.

The woman glared and pointed the gun at him again.

"Stop right there." She snapped. Sam stepped forward again.

"Sam..."I pleaded. He wasn't listening. I pushed myself in front of him as I heard a loud bang. I gripped my shoulder and fell over in pain.

"Nellwyn!" Sam reached for me but the woman trained her gun on him again, glancing at me every now and then.

"What do you want?" Sam snapped.

"You think you could get away with it? Destroying the world? Housing this... this thing?" She yelled.

"We just saved the world!" Sam shouted. "And you just shot a 17 year old girl!" he was angry.

"That's no girl." the woman said. I heard another gun shot and felt a dull pain in my head, then, I suddenly felt my body go limp.

"Nell-"I heard Sam's shout of pain come after a third gun shot. But, very suddenly, everything became nothing.

When I came too I was staring at myself, laying in a puddle of my own blood on the floor of the bunker. My eyes hollow and lifeless, a bullet hole in my shoulder, and one in the back of my head.

"Looks like you kicked the bucket..." A familiar voice said. I whipped around to face Billie.

"I...what?" I gave her a look.

"You died, kiddo." She set a hand on my shoulder. I stared at her with a wide-eyed expression.

"Where...do monsters go? When they die?" I asked. Billie looked around at something I couldn't see.

"That'snot in my job jurisdiction." She said to me. My shoulders sunk. I felt a dull throb in my soul. I looked over to see the bunker door open. That woman from before, she was on the phone, yelling about something.

She stopped when she saw my body.

"I'll hide the body for now." She was saying. "But we'll need to bring it back to figure out how to dispose of it properly." I stepped forward, but felt that dull throbbing again. I put a hand on my head,looking at at Billie, who was gone, and all at once, I was pulled mercilessly from the bunker without a warning.

I felt like I was going through so many places at once. I couldn't see. I couldn't think. I couldn't remember anything. I saw Heaven, I saw Hell, and I plummeted through darkness before I found the will inside me to stop myself.Angels were cast off to Heaven, Demons to hell. Where would an abomination like me be sent to?

A breath of musky air and I was aware again. In a forest. A dark forest. I looked around at this place and could feel each and every monster lurking beyond the trees of the clearing I was in.

"Where... am I..." I muttered, slowly standing as I looked around me. I heard growling,howling, hissing and roars. Gurgling and chattering, screeching. Like a graveyard of monsters, all in one place. I took some steps backwards when someone emerged from the trees, unhinging their head like a snake to reveal a set of sharp and jagged teeth. I did the only thing I could think to do. The only thing I would be doing for along, long while. I ran. It clicked in me that this was a place where the strong survived. Something in me just clicked as I sprinted faster, past anything that thought to harm me. I didn't know where I was, but the name called out to me from the racing of my heart.

 Purgatory.