Teenage Drama

Someone named Metatron. Someone named Chuck. Someone named Donatello. These were the people who ran through my recent dreams. I thought nothing of it. My dreams were usually visions about people I knew. And I had no idea who these people were. It probably wasn't for the best, but I hadn't told Sam or Dean. I mean, they didn't ask, after all. Maybe my dreams were reverting back to normal now that I had had my powers for a long while. I was officially 17, I had been living with Sam and Dean for a little under a year now. And a lot of time had passed since the incident with Amara. For something so big, it seemed to stretch over long periods of time. To the Winchesters, right now could either be right now, or in a month or so. Another thing was that Beelzebub hadn't come to me in weeks. I was slightly worried, stuck between caring and the grudge I had from our last one-sided argument.

We sat in the main room that day as I watched Sam typing away on his computer. Dean was off somewhere getting food. He'd grown accustom to coming back with something that resembled an actual meal. On my birthday, he bought a cupcake from somewhere and sat it in front of me during breakfast without another word. And, much to my surprise, later in the day I was granted with a key to the Impala. Along with a list of instructions, of course. Ask before you take. Don't drive alone unless you have to. Don't break her. Don't crash her.

"And if I find a single scratch anywhere on her, this key goes down your throat." Dean had said as he handed it to my out stretched hand. I remembered it well, and the key was on a key-chain in the pocket of my jeans at all times. Except for now, since I was in pajamas. All three of us usually were, all refusing to leave the bunker without a lead on Amara, or a lead on another Hand of God. My laundry needed to be done, and after a short conversation of realizing Sam was stuck doing laundry for him and Dean, I opted to doing my own laundry. Sam loved this idea.

I sat back when I heard the door open and Dean seemingly talking on the phone to someone.

"I...yeah okay. Alright Jody we'll be heading down right now." He paused."Yeah, bye." He said, hanging up. He looked at both me and Sam. "Get dressed we're hitting the road, and no you can't drive." He walked by, stopping me before I could even ask.

"I still don't understand why you gave her a key." Sam closed his laptop.

"She broke into my baby. Violently." Dean said, obviously taking that personally. I rolled my eyes and slid out of my chair.

"Whatever." Sam scoffed. "Why did Jody call? Is something wrong?" he asked. I looked between them.

"It's Claire." Dean rubbed the back of his head. Sam went to ask another question when I raised my hand.

"Who?" I asked. Sam and Dean looked at each other.

"The person we almost dumped you with." Dean said simply.

"Dean!" Sam shot, giving him a look.

"What? It's not like we actually did." Dean started to walk away.

I looked to Sam.

"We thought... Having you around would be too dangerous for them. You wouldn't have been able to uh... Adjust in a new life so quickly. Too much had happened. We didn't know enough about you. We decided you'd be better off with us." He said calmly. I stared at him in such a way that he could tell this stung me. He put a hand on my head.

"Do you guys... Not want me here?" I asked.

"We do." Sam said without hesitation. "Don't think like that." He said.

"HURRY UP GUYS! JODY'LL BLOW A FUSE IF WE'RE LATE!" Dean shouted from somewhere in the bunker. Sam offered a smile. I smiled back and we went off to go change.