Chapter 34 - Do What You've Always Done

Rose.

She sat at her desk, staring at the paper work in front of her, leaning back in her chair with one elbow leaning on the armrest. Her fingers drummed on it in a steady rhythm. After a long moment of thought Rose leaned forward, reaching for the phone and ringing out.

"Miss King." The voice of Wilson Fisk answered.

"Veles Taxi." She stated. "You have no more need of it now with the heroine trade down."

"No." Fisk replied simply, waiting for her to explain.

"I do. I wouldn't mind getting it up and running again, properly as another business outlet."

"You want full shares to Veles Taxi?"

"Yes. I like to have control over my own businesses, full control, but that doesn't mean you won't get a cut. And of course, should you find something to replace the sectors we've lost then they'll pay a percentage to me and you for the service."

There was silence on the other end before Fisk finally said; "Very well. I'll have someone drop over the paper work. "

"Thank-you." Rose went to hang up, but Fisk spoke again before she could.

"Rosalie... can I trust you?"

"Excuse me?"

"Ben Urich is dead. I killed him last night."

"Yes." She stated in a small voice, unsure what it was he was wanting from her. "We've been at this for many years and there have been ups and downs like with anything... why are you asking me now?"

"It was Wesley's idea to bring you in on all of this. I wanted to have you killed so that we could take ownership of the cargo holds ourselves. You have him to thank for where you are now."

"I suspected as much." Rose replied calmly.

"Ben Urich did not kill him. He was involved with that personal matter that was close to me." Rose knew he was referring to Karen and Ben visiting his mother, but Fisk didn't know she knew of that. "So he had to die regardless, but he didn't kill Wesley."

"I'm sorry, I thought it must have been him." There was silence on the other end for a long while and Rose didn't like that he wasn't saying anything so proceeded to talk again. "Something must have happened before he got to Urich, maybe after." More silence. "I can have Murphy look into it if you like? An extra person investigating wouldn't go astray."

"Right. You do that." Fisk agreed before he hung up the phone.

"Shit." Rose whispered to herself.

"Rose?" Stacy came into the room after knocking on the door.

They all knew about Matt now. None of them had said anything and Rose suspected it was because Jax had told them explicitly not to unless she brought it up. She was thinking about what to do and once she'd worked it out they would be informed.

"What is it?"

"Miss Paige is here to see you." The young girl explained before looking over her shoulder. Rose followed her gaze until her eyes landed on Karen standing behind her.

Rose nodded the girl away before Karen stepped forward and came into her office. The old paper for Veles Taxi were still lying on the desk so Rose quickly grabbed them as she stood up and placed them inside a manila folder and then on top of the safe to be filed away later.

"This is a surprise." Rose stated.

"I know, I'm sorry for not calling ahead, but it was just sort of a spare in the moment decision." Karen explained while Rose gave her a tight smile.