I feel my cheeks begin to warm at his close proximity and his smirk turns into a small smile.

My heart flutters. I've never seen him smile.

"C-Claude."

He places a kiss to my forehead and I blush more, feeling his other hand stroke my waist.

"I think it's safe to say that you are the most captivating creature I've come across." he says.

The carriage stops and he lets me go, opening the door and helping me out.

"Y/N! I've missed you so so much!" I'm engulfed in a tight hug as soon as my feet reach the ground.

"A-Alois! I've missed you too."

He puts my down and grins, grabbing my hand and pulling me into the manor.

"We have so much to catch up on. You left so quickly, I didn't even get to spend any time with you."

We go into his office and he pulls me to sit on his lap.

"A-Alois?" My cheeks flare up as he holds me close.

"Yes my sweet?"

I look away from his eyes at the pet name, my blush only growing darker.

"You're just the cutest thing!" He giggles and kisses my cheek.

"You make me never want to let you go." His head rests on my shoulder and I look at him again.

"You...won't rush off like that again, will you?"

I bite my lip and breathe deeply.

"No. I'm sorry."

"Good. I don't want to lose you to Ciel or anyone else for that matter."

The door slowly opens and in walks Hannah, her head down.

"What do you want?" Alois asks.

"Claude asked me to come and get you for dinner." She doesn't make eye contact.

"Very well." he sighs, shooing her away.

She leaves and I start to stand until he pulls me back down, burying his face in my neck.

"Just stay like this for a minute." I shiver as his breath tickles my skin but nod my head.

My hand comes up and pets his hair and he sighs happily.

"You're the perfect woman to stand by my side." he smiles and places a chaste kiss to my lips, making me blush once more.

"So adorable. Let's get to dinner." He holds my hand the entire way to the dining room and I feel Claude's eyes on me as soon as I enter the room.

He pulls out my chair for me, and when he pushes me to the table, his hand brushes my shoulder, leaving it tingling.

I shift slightly in my seat and he seems to notice, smirking slightly in my direction.

"Y/N, you're going to sleep with me, right?" Alois says suddenly and I choke on my soup.

I'm sent into a coughing fit, trying to desperately catch my breath and Claude pats my back.

Finally, I suck in a large gulp of air and sit up, breathing deeply.

"Are you alright?" Alois places his hand over mine and I nod.

"D-did you say what I think you did?" I ask softly.

He smirks and brings my face close to his.

"That depends. What did you hear?"

"U-um...I-I don't...I-I'm not sure..."

"Hehe you're so cute."

I look away and my eyes land on Claude standing in the corner, his expression completely unreadable.

"We should head to bed." Alois pulls me up and leads me down the long hallway.

"W-wait..."

He stops and looks at me.

"Is something wrong?"

"U-um well I...have to use the bathroom..." My eyes drop to the floor.

"Is that all? There's one right down the hall. Will you be alright on your own?" he asks.

"Yes, thank you."

He pulls me close and kisses my cheek before releasing me.

"You can meet me in my room if you'd like."

He leaves me to myself and I let out a sigh as my heart calms down.

I can't believe he actually suggested something like that! But...why did my heart race?

After I let some time pass, I decide it's a good idea to head to my room. I'm not sure if sleeping with Alois would be a good idea.

"You've been standing here an awfully long time." A deep voice speaks out from behind, making me jump slightly.

"C-Claude..."

"I understand that His Highness has requested you to sleep in his quarters for the night." He steps forward a bit.

"Y-yes. I'm not sure if I will, however. It just doesn't seem proper. I am still a maid, after all."

"Yes, it would seem so."

He rests a hand on my shoulder, causing me to look up at his emotionless expression.

"I will take you to your room." he says, gently pushing me forward.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay that was a little boring. Sorry about that, but I hope you enjoyed it despite this.

I'm also thinking of publishing a second story. I already have a couple of chapters written, but I can't think of a title, so as soon as I do, I'll publish that. Maybe.

I'll keep it short this time but let me know if you'd like new story. Of course I will continue this one until it's finished, but I'm liking the idea of the new one.

I'll see you next time ( ^ω^ )