Chapter 17

Thud

I turn back toward the door with wide eyes.

What was that?!

I slowly walk to the door and peek outside through the window before the door busts in.

I look at the door to see William walk on with Grell in tow.

"This is the right house, Grell."

"Well excuse me. I thought you messed up the addresses like the last time!"

"That was your fault."

They both turn to me and I panic. What do they want?

"Oh, so the demon isn't with you?" William asks.

"What do you want?" I ask.

"We are simply here to collect Lady Atow's soul."

"I won't let you!" I block them from the upstairs and glare as harshly as I can.

"I won't let you get in the way again."

"Y/N!"

I turn to find Frank, Travis and Rebecca standing there with different objects to use as weapons.

"Get the mistress out of here while we hold them off."

"B-but-"

"We don't know what's going on, but you have to keep her safe."

I bite my lip and nod, running up to the office.

I throw open the door and hurry to my mistress.

"My Lady! We must go now! They're back!"

"Who?"

I hear a loud crash and grab her wrist, throwing open the window.

"Y/N! We can't jump from here!"

"It's the only way. Please trust me."

She looks at me for a moment and breathes in deeply.

"I trust you."

I help her out and drop her. She stumbles and falls and I jump.

I grab her arm and pull her to the carriage.

She climbs in and I grab the reigns and we start off toward the first place I think to go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woah super short chapter right guys? Lol I'm just joking. There's still more. Did I get you? ;p

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We continue down the trail until the carriage is thrown over.

I hit a tree and gasp for air as the wind is knocked from my lungs.

My vision blurs as I watch a red blob land in front of the tipped carriage and Madison lets out a scream.

No!

I fight to get onto my feet and wobble a little as I pick up a nearby branch.

I pant heavily as I stalk closer, holding the branch up.

"Step away slowly." I say.

Grell turns and huffs.

"Oh it's you again. I thought you died when you hit that tree."

"Back away."

"I don't think so. William yelled at me because I couldn't get it done the first two times and I am not letting you stand in my way again."

He comes at me with the scissors and cuts my arm.

I hold back a yell and lift the branch, swinging at him.

"You are becoming quite bothersome. Although, I bet you'd look devine dyed in red."

He laughs maniacally and comes at me again and this time I hit him in the head, knocking him to the ground.

He stops moving and I pull Madison out of the carriage and we run in the direction of the Phantomhive estate.

William lands in front of us and sigh, using his shears to push up his glasses.

"Humans are so bothersome. I refuse to work overtime just so you can keep your mistress so stop fighting."

"No!"

"You cannot beat me anyway with your injuries. I don't want to kill you if I don't have to."

Tears prick my eyes. I know he's right. There's no way I can win.

"Y-Y/N?"

My vision starts to blur with tears and they run down my cheeks as I hang my head.

"I know I can't win, but please don't take her from me."

I meet his eyes as my tears continue to flow.

She's all I have; the only person I can confide in. She is the only person I've been close with since my parents' deaths.

She's almost like the younger sister I never had.

"Why are you crying?" William sighs.

"If you take her, I'll have nothing."

"Y/N." Madison places a hand on my back and I look at her. Her green eyes are filled with tears as well.

"You have to be strong, okay?"

I start to protest when she shakes her head.

"It'll be okay."

She pats my head and gives a bright smile before she moves away and walks to William.

"Go ahead. I'm ready."

He hums before piercing her with his shears.

"NOOOOOO!!!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Geez I am just always ending with cliffhangers huh?

So, um...yeah. Sorry about such a sad ending. I just wanted to get a new chapter up for the holidays. I'll try to have the next one up by New Years.

In other news, I want to thank you guys for over 1K followers! That's amazing! I feel so loved.

I hope you all he a great Christmas if you celebrate it, if not then happy holidays. I love you all and I will see you next time. ☆〜(ゝ。