***

She gave herself a light twirl as a smile made it way on her full plum lips; she traced her hand on the soft material of chiffon saree she was adorned in. Standing tall with the help of her golden stilettos, her every inch was dazzling under the spotlight in front of the wall length mirror of the salon.

Her eyes were showcasing the confidence she was feeling, she thanked the stylist to make them look bolder through the lightest shade of colors yet the winked eyeliner was ready to flip any heart, her hair strands were dancing in lose curls around her face as the rest of them were tied into sideways French twist, for the first time she liked them in a bun, her eyes roamed to her body, her collar bones were revealed through the scoop neckline and a delicate pendant was decorating her neck, for a second she felt conscious as she saw her revealed waist as the blouse was ending just beneath her rib cage. She knew she was ready to steal the light but her heart was still hammering too loudly.

Emaad definitely chose a dangerous piece of clothing, she had never been conscious of her outfits but she had always been careful with them, but today she wasn't sure on wearing one like this knowing that Nabeel could be there.

Her phone buzzed in her palms and she turned the screen to see Emaad's message. Turning around she saw the stylist waiting for her, passing her a smile she wore her fur coat and picking up her clutch, she took the bag which was carrying her belongings from the stylist she thanked the team again as she walked towards the exit.

She blew out air as the cold shivering night welcomed her, she spotted Emaad's car and carefully walked towards his Black Porsche.

He was leaning towards the steering wheel looking at her, he didn't know why earlier he asked her to wear that saree, and when she listened he didn't know why he felt satisfied, he could see her making her way towards the car carrying her saree carefully. He straightened as the backdoor opened and he frowned.

"Hey," she smiled at him and he caught his breath, she was just placing her belongings at the back seat but in mere few seconds he saw her, a sudden urge rose in his chest, her dark lipstick was an alerting sign. He was still dazed when she came and sat on the passenger seat, his eyes roamed from her thin neck to her ears which were adorning gold jhumkas.

"Emaad?" he couldn't respond when she turned to him because the voice never reached his ears as his mind was only looking on the plum lips, the way they turned into a shy smile, he dared to look into her eyes and saw a shimmer in them. She was beautiful, breathtakingly beautiful, but, he wasn't hers. He closed his eyes as she called him again and exhaled a breath he was holding.

"You look beautiful," he couldn't help but say and she giggled, it just fueled the fire which was set in him.

He might not be hers but he would make sure she would always stay his.

"Thank you," Daniyah whispered as she delicately removed the hair away from her face, Daniyah felt hopeful after so long as she looked at him again, he was in black dress pants and white button up shirt with a black coat over it. His top two buttons were open and she noticed golden cufflinks peaking through his coat sleeves. The car was filled with dangerous and enduring fragrance of his Gucci perfume and bold yet passionate fragrance of her Christian Dior.

Maybe they were wedding jitters after all.

***

Hands in hands they entered the ball room where the event was being organized, Maaz and Wania were standing at the entrance to welcome them, a bouquet was handed to Daniyah and then they went around the hall meeting people and gathering best wishes from the guest gathered. Emaad had his arms around her slender waist throughout the evening, she noticed he would excuse them from the people or mainly men who would try to make unnecessary conversations with Daniyah, and he would be polite but domineering. She was enjoying this side of him, it felt after a long time he was finally giving her this kind of attention.