Chapter 8

"These pains you feel are messengers. Listen to them."

-Rumi

Looking out of the car window she silently observed every car passing by theirs, some having couples busy in their intense conversation, in some people busy on their phones driving through the bustling life of the city, in some she noticed kids turning to look at the car she was sitting in and she softly smiled at the innocence of the tender age of those children who were noticing everything that inspires them. She also noticed the clear blue sky where puffy clouds were floating, she was noticing every little thing today while softly exhaling in the silence of the car, for the first time in long time sitting in the passenger seat beside Emaad she was drowned in the outside world, as if the life of this city was silently calling out to her.

"Daniyah?" she turned to look at him, today his eyes held quite an unfamiliar stormy look which was pushing her away, he had slightly grown stubble his hair were slicked back and he was dressed in his dark blue button up shirt whose sleeves were rolled up showing the tense veins of his forearms, he was always well dressed and there was a time when his grooming was used to attract Daniyah but lately she was finding herself getting distanced from him and the thought was scaring her because now there was no return.

"Daniyah?" she jumped on her seat when he called her again, this time a bit louder. He was intently looking at her face, trying to read her expression but Daniyah looked away with a fear in her heart, what if her remorseful thoughts are apparent in her eyes.

"Were you saying something?" Daniyah found herself saying as she fiddled with her engagement ring, dressed in an embroidered lilac kurti and jeans, she was looking beautifully simple.

"Daniyah why do I feel like you would be somewhere else rather than here." His voice turned sharper, and she forced a smile turning to look at him, remotely she placed her right hand on his forearm.

"It's nothing," she tried to relax herself, "I was just thinking about the functions." She swiftly lied not letting her smile waver for a second; the smile which came on Emaad's face was a sign that he was convinced.

The car was soon filled with their softly made conversations but for Daniyah it was just a matter of her speaking when spoken to.

Hours later Daniyah and Emaad were seated in one of the most known and lavish restaurant waiting for dinner, after coffee and hours long movie they were ending their night with a dinner, it was their last date before getting married. Daniyah was continuously ignoring a twisting knot in the pit of her stomach as she tried to be more involved in what Emaad was talking about and it felt like the only topic left for him was his endless projects, his duty as a son to his father and Director of his companies. Daniyah would fidget in her seat as soon as he'll bring Shahs companies in the conversation and Emaad was continuously doing it.

"I have something important to ask you or more like tell you," Emaad placed his hands on the table once they were done with the dinner, he was looking in her eyes again as Daniyah straightened herself.

"Yeah what is it?" Daniyah casually replied but she could sense the storm brewing.

"Daniyah, you know about our industries in Lahore, right?" She inhaled and she exhaled, closed her eyes as she nodded. "Well the thing is, I am looking after those areas and you know how often I have to be there so I have talked to dad and decided that it's better we both shift Lahore after our wedding." Daniyah's hands fell back on her lap as she tried to read his empty eyes.

"What about my masters?" was the one thing she finally whispered.

"What about it? There are universities in Lahore—"

"Emaad I don't care!" she hissed' "A month before our wedding you are telling me this, yes a girl move away from her parents but how do you expect me to pack my bags and leave for Lahore when my entire family is here?"

"I don't know why this is such a big issue?" He raised his hands in exasperation and fell back on his seat.

"And I can't understand how this is not a big issue!" She shook her head in disbelief; the look on Emaad's face was a confirmation that he would never understand Daniyah's perception so she stood up feeling defeated as her chest filled with an unsettling misery.

"Where are you going?" He abruptly stood up with her as she looked him in the eyes, the glassy eyes met the stony ones, and something broke apart which was heard on both side.

"Home," she quietly whispered as she slowly made her way away from him.

That night lying on her bed she left her windows open, the wind making the silky curtain dance on its secret language, the night sky was bare of any cloud and star but there was moon spreading its radiance everywhere, Daniyah's eyes were fixed on the moon and she kept absorbing its might in her, there are few people which are like this mighty creation of Almighty, giving shine and hope to others when they themselves are dark.

A tear slipped from the corner of her eyes and soaked in her pillow as she closed them, she let the oblivion took over her as she felt the gushed of wind on her bare arms, she needed the tranquility but she didn't know sometimes people have to go through hell and back to gain it, they have to earn it and earning peace without Him is the hardest.

----

A.O.A

A short update but an update nevertheless! 

This chapter is dedicated to sprinkleofhayat for her constant support and love and this extremely cool cover! Thanks a ton <3

Now it's time for the usual message, spread, VOTE and Comment! :P

Till the next time...

TC,

Zehra  :)