Chapter 35 | TLC (2)

Start from the beginning

Punk allowed it all to sink in for a moment before climbing to the top rope. Hitting Seth with a cross body as soon as he stood up. Pinning him in the process.

'1'

'2'

Seth had kicked out again. The entire roster of those watching the screen along with me cried out in frustration. However our hopes soon became bright again as Punk had gotten Seth into the anaconda vise. The crowd cheered loudly as well as everyone backstage to encourage Punk further. Seth was close to tapping out before Ambrose jumped back into the ring and slammed his boot into Punk's back multiple times causing Punk to release Seth in the process. Ambrose had gotten out of the ring and back onto the apron awaiting Seth to get close enough to him for the tag. Seth rolled quickly toward Dean which allowed Dean to make the tag. Dean had yanked Punk up by the hair, throwing him into the turnbuckle. Dean began to send his shoulder into Punk's gut multiple times before placing Punk up onto the top rope, throwing his legs either side of it. Dean then climbed up onto the middle rope, throwing Punk's arm around him in order to suplex him off. Punk shook his head before slowly sending headbutt's to Ambrose which seemed to weaken him a little. Headbutt after headbutt, Ambrose began to hand on loosely before receiving one final headbutt which sent him off, crashing down onto the mat.

With the little strength Punk had left, he shakily stood on the top rope, raising his arms high up in the air before jumping off and sending a diving elbow drop to Ambrose. Seth climbed back up onto the apron however he was soon knocked off again after receiving a hard hit to the head by Punk. Punk then went for the pin.

'1'

'2'

Ambrose kicked out. I raised my hands to either side of my head, my mouth gaped open. I spotted multiple people within the crowd doing the exact same thing. What more did Punk have to do? I couldn't believe my eyes. The look on Punk's face was complete disbelief. Punk was running out of ideas and fast at that. Punk had defeated many other superstars on the roster with that diving elbow drop, so why hadn't it worked?

Punk had gained his momentum back as the crowd began the 'CM Punk' chants again. Punk raised his arms out to the side before positioning them in the GTS taunt. Ambrose had now been lifted up onto Punk's shoulders however he was quickly dropped as Rollins jumped into the ring. Punk lifted Seth onto his shoulders and delivered the GTS. Punk then turned his attention back to Ambrose, whom he once again lifted onto his shoulders. Ambrose countered and managed to struggle off however before he could do anymore to Punk, Punk had moved out of the way as Reigns delivered a spear to Ambrose that had been intended for Punk. I leaped out of my seat, screaming for Punk in happiness, all he had to do now was pin Ambrose and it would all be over. Punk noticed Reigns coming toward him however Punk gripped onto him and threw him out of the ring. Punk then went for the pin.

'1' The entire locker room and crowd began counting along with the ref.

'2'

'3'

Punk had done it, Punk had beaten The Shield. The crowd all leapt from their seats, jumping around crazily at the fact Punk had won. I could hear the bell ringing as I made a dash for the ramp. I pulled back the curtain at gorilla and ran toward Punk, engulfing him in a hug. Punk fell to the ground, wincing slightly in pain however that didn't stop the large smile tugging across his lips. Slowly, Punk began to stand up as our eyes became fixed on The Shield who were now pilled inside and outside of the ring in defeat. I raised Punk's hand carefully in attempt to not hurt him anymore than he had already been hurt. 

The crowd's cheers were deafening but Punk definitely deserved each and every single cheer. After a few minutes of Punk allowing his win to sink in, we headed backstage where we were met by cheers and applause for Punk. However all soon fell silent as the crowd of Superstars and Diva's separated into two lines. Hunter and Stephanie briskly, walked through the middle of the two lines, approaching myself and Punk. It was obvious that they were angry but they refused to show it externally. 

'You had my word. You've got your wish. The Authority will stand down from tormenting Daniel Bryan.' Hunter seethed through his teeth, clearly angered.

I gasped in shock as Hunter took Punk's hand and shook it. Hunter's eyes darted to mine for a moment before moving back to Punk's in disgust. 

'I wouldn't become too cocky however. I can assure you, we'll still be around.' Stephanie hissed before storming off with Hunter. I looked at Punk and sent him a pleased smile before the doctors had insisted on taking him to the trainers room. Things were finally looking up, this was the beginning of the end of The Authority. 

timeskip

TLC was finally over and what an eventful night it had been. I gathered my things and began heading down the hallway toward the exit however, I stopped in my tracks as soon as I heard three familiar voices coming from one of the dark rooms.

'It happens every once in a while okay, it's not a big deal. You don't need to get upset about it.' The sound of Seth's voice filled the atmosphere, they were talking about their defeat.

'Oh yeah, my best friend spears me and I get a possible broken rib -' Dean was soon cut off by Roman.

'You act like I did it on purpose, things happen. You know I pull the trigger, I see a spot, i take it, I didn't mean too.' Roman's tone was filled with annoyance.

'Look-'

'I can't see anything right now.'

'Hey-'

Between Roman arguing back against Dean and Seth attempting to put an end to it, Dean's groans of pain could be heard in between. I chuckled lowly to myself in amusement considering they were this torn up about a loss.

'CM Punk didn't beat The Shield guys-' But he did which was the most amusing thing to me.

'What do I look like, do I look like a target to you?' Dean chimed in through the entire confrontation.

'Chill out-'

'Since when do you spear me?'

'Sit down, sit down and calm down Dean.' Seth's voice grew louder which caused Dean to eventually become quiet.

'CM Punk was not the best in the world, tonight he was the luckiest man alive. Look, your eye is gonna heal up and your ribs are going to heal up, alright?' 

'Yeah, pretty lucky, Roman speared the crap outta me.' Dean seethed whilst multiple groans of pain continued to erupt from him.

'Look, we're still the most dominant force in this industry. It's fine Dean, you'll be fine. Take it easy.' Seth hissed in annoyance toward Dean's actions. It was as if Seth was playing the peace keeper amongst this wreck of a faction right now.

'Nothing's going to stop us, not tonight, not ever, alright?'

'Listen, watch where your going next time, yeah?' Dean continued to bicker toward Roman no matter how hard Seth had tried to calm him down.

'I can't see anything, I've got all kinds of fluids flowing out of my eye-'

'HEY. Focus. Believe in The Shield guys, come on. We run this joint. You'll be fine man, chill out. Look at my eye for crying out loud, i got busted in the face, look at this.' Seth's footsteps were heard coming closer to the door that I happened to be standing near. I gripped tightly onto my bags and darted down the hallway. I couldn't believe how much they sounded like little kids when they chose to argue with each other. It was actually quite amusing.