Huntress In Training

Start from the beginning

"But...I am here. So... I might as well... Make the most of it." I looked away, feeling that scratching sadness crawl into the pit of my soul.

"How are you?" Sam asked, staring at me. I looked over at him.

"What?"

"Lucifer sent you... Somewhere. Where did you go?" He asked.

I thought, then took a breath, and told him everything that had happened. Minus... Actually freeing Beelzebub.

"You talked to him?" Sam stared at me in shock. I nodded. "The lore just says he's another name for Lucifer, I never considered there would be angels that sided with Lucifer." His head seemed to be spinning from this new information.

"Well...In every society-"

"You have a group of like minded people." Sam said, leaning back in his seat. "What did he say?" Sam asked.

"He uh..." I would have to tell him. "He wanted out of Hell. He offered to help fight against the darkness if he could go back to Heaven at the end of it all." I said, looking down, not meeting Sam's stare.

"And?"

"And he needed a... A ride." I muttered, still not looking at him.

"Nellwyn. Look at me." Sam demanded, I looked up into his hard stare. "What did you do?" He asked.

"I said yes." I said.

There was a long, long silence as Sam tried to think of something to say.

"He's...He's gone now. He left." I said, hoping that would make him feel a little better about all this. Sam ran a hand through his hair.

"Where?"Sam asked, looking back at me. "Where did he go?" I looked down and shrugged.

"He didn't say. He just said he'd see me soon." I muttered. Sam let out a long sigh.

"...Can we trust him?" Sam asked. I looked up at that. I surely didn't trust him, but we made a deal. I would help him if he helped me. The look in his eyes... He wouldn't pass up a chance to get home. Just like me.

"Yes." I said confidently. Sam nodded.

"Okay....Okay." he breathed out and sat back, taking a sip of his beer. "We... We can't tell Dean. Not yet." He said. I nodded.

"Okay." So, we sat there in silence for a while.

The days went by like that. Sam didn't leave the bunker, neither did I.Mostly because Dean refused to take me on any jobs. I had no training. No idea how to use a gun, or how to fight. I knew nothing about lore or ghosts or how to spot a monster. I didn't know patterns or anything of that sort. So Dean would leave on jobs alone.Sam would research on ways to beat Amara. And I was just... There.Lost in my own thoughts and world. I may have been an Orinia, some powerful hybrid, an orphan, adopted by monster hunters. But that didn't mean I couldn't be bored. And I was very bored. I had called out to Crowley in my walks outside. But nothing came, and I could sense something was wrong. There was no sight of Castiel, who I also reached out to. Only to get silence in return. I even called out to Beelzebub. Who's name was four syllables and annoyingly long,prompting me to start calling him Beelz for short. But even he didn'tshow his face. Sometimes I would sit in the bunker and try to figure out my own power, but that never ended well.

When Dean left for yet another job, alone, I had had enough.

"Sam." I walked into the kitchen where he was reading some books.