We went up to the desk and filled out the papers for her license. She got her picture taken and they printed her a temporary license. They explained GDL to her and told her that her actual license will come in the mail in about a week or so. Once we got everything, we walked out to the car.

"How about we go home, tell Dad and Elijah and then go out to lunch?" I suggested and she nodded with a smile.

"Were do you want to go?" I asked.

"Olive Garden" she said immediately and I laughed.

We pulled into the driveway and walked inside. Jimi met us at the door.

"How'd you do?' he asked. Emma pulled out her temporary driver's license and showed it to Jimi.

"I passed!" She said excitedly.

"That's great princess" he said and gave her a big hug and spun her in a circle.

"We were thinking we could go to Olive Garden for lunch to celebrate" I said.

"That sounds like a great idea" Jimi said with a smile.

"Well, I should probably get Elijah dressed if we're going out to lunch" Jimi said.

"He's not dressed yet?" I asked with my eyebrows raised.

"We haven't gotten that far yet" Jimi said with a chuckle. I shook my head and giggled. Then Jimi went in the living room by Elijah.

"Come on little man let's get you dressed" he said and took Elijah upstairs.

They came back down a few minutes later and we headed to Olive Garden. We sat down and ordered our drinks.

"So, Gracie asked me if I could hang out tonight and go to a movie with her and some of her friends from school. Can I?" Emma asked after the waitress walked away.

I looked at Jimi and he shrugged his shoulders and nodded his head.

"I guess so. What movie are you going to see?" I asked.

"Heaven is for Real at 7:15" I said.

"Okay. Who's all going with you?" I asked.

"Gracie, Abby, Maddie, Briana, Josh, and Adam" She said and I nodded. They're a good group of kids so I trust her.

"You're coming home right after the movie, correct?" I asked.

"Yeah" she said and nodded.

The waitress came back and we ordered our food. Emma and I both ordered the chicken Alfredo, Jimi ordered the chicken parmesan and I ordered the chicken tenders off the kids menu for Elijah. We talked until the food came.

When we were done eating, we paid for the bill and left. Elijah wanted to stop at the park on the way home, so we did and then got ice cream.

After a few hours, we decided to head home because Elijah was getting tired. He laid down on the couch and fell asleep as soon as we got home. Jimi went out to the garage to fix something, I'm not really sure what, I don't ask questions anymore. Emma was hanging out in the office on my laptop. I walked in there after I cleaned up the living room a bit.

"What are you up to?" I asked and sat down next to her on the couch in there.

"Nothing, just scrolling through Facebook while my phone charges" she said. We sat there in silence for a few minutes.

"Can I ask you something?" she asked and closed the laptop.

"Sure" I said and faced her.

"How did you know that you had feelings for Dad?" she asked. Well, that's not where I thought this was going.