With a few words of encouragment to myself, I made my way towards the opening of the pathway where the dock was located.

I unconciously fixed my blue polka dotted bathing suit, making sure that the bottoms were properly pulled up to the bottom of my belly button and that my top was secured tightly. 

Oh my, why in God's name was I doing this!? 

I tried to stall by making my strides smaller, but it all seemed  pointless because if anything I got  there quicker than i should have. 

 I tensed up when I noticed his tan figure sitting casually on the dock, oblivious to my presence.

 My eyes trailed over his exposed back, down each crevice and grove in utter fascination. The view causing my cheeks to turn hot.

"Hi," I breathed shyly as I clutched my towel closer to me.

He jumped up in surprise, whipping around quickly.

"Oh, um-hi," he said swiftly, as he moved his hands around awkwardly trying to find something to do with them. He finally decided on running both hands through his hair, causing his muscles in his torso to become more prominent.

I swallowed, glancing down for just a second. 

My eyes immediatley found the dark hairs below his belly button that led down to the waist band of his black swimming trunks.

"How long have you been waiting?" I asked tightly, a knot forming in my stomach as I noticed just how awkward and tense the air between us was.

"U-Uh not long." he stuttered slightly, again moving his hands anxiously.

I felt a bit better when I noticed he was just as nervous as me. But then again, what was there to be nervous about?

I nodded, both of silent for a few seconds.

"Come on. Let's go swimming!" I said, proud of the confidence laced in my tone.

He nodded, motioning for me to go first.

I began walking on the wooden dock, ignoring the fact that he might possibly be staring at my behind.

Taking a deep breath, I threw my towel down nothing in front of me any longer. I pushed my hair out of my face so that it all hung down my back and turned to look at him.

His eyes immediatley sprung up, his cheeks turning dark as he realized he got caught.

I bit my tongue, unsure of how I felt about his obvious ogling.

"I warn you not to jump in over here....not only is it shallow, but there are rocks." I said softly, squinting from the sun.

He blinked, his black eyes lashes enhancing the beauty of his eye color.

"Don't worry, I won't." he said, smiling slightly.

It took all my might not to gaze down at his exposed lean torso. I didn't want to give the wrong impression...even though I already have by inviting him here.

I quickly turned around, walking to the edge of the dock where I slowly put one leg in the cold water before dunking my other in. Slowly letting go of the dock, I swam away, keeping my knees bent so my feet wouldn't touch the sharp rocks on the bottom.

The water felt wonderful in contrast to the  hot and humid air around me. 

Once far enough out, I went under allowing the water to engulf me fully. I stayed under for a few moments before pulling up and using my hands to wipe my face.