10 - The Ocean

10 - The Ocean

Jotaro looked at his daughter while time was at a stand still. At this point of time, his mind shouldn't have been wandering as it was, but it did.

5 seconds

His beloved daughter Jolyne grew up to be a most beautiful young lady, and reminded Jotaro so fondly of his hard headed uncle (who he should visit with Jolyne some time) in terms of attitude. It had been so many years since his divorce with Marina. It was complicated, to say the least. Jotaro spent days and days just pondering the true reason behind the divorce. Yes, he wanted to keep his most treasured young daughter and his wife out of trouble that concerned enemy stand users. He wanted them out of that picture. Just imagining what sick and terrible things could happen to them if an enemy user jumped out of no where made Jotaro's stomach lurch. In addition to all that, Speedwagon was working him hard. For every little enemy stand problem, they turn to Jotaro, whining for his aid. It drove the man nuts. Even the petty enemy users, those that use their stands to merely steal or whatever other minor crime that existed, were called for his immediate attention and an instantaneous reaction. Who did they think he was? Superman? Did they think he could save the world singlehandedly?

Jotaro wished he could, so that nothing will get in his way of being with his loved ones. That nothing will stand between him and family and friends.

Jotaro clenched his teeth, heaving an annoyed sigh.

4 seconds

Jotaro looked over his shoulder to a palm tree, its leaves bent back by the strong winds.

Jotaro thought to himself, how nice would it be, to be free of all this, to start back at square one with his precious daughter, and be there for her like the good father he had always dreamed he would become. He would hate to be just like his old man.

But he kind of was.

3 seconds

Pucci was no where to be seen. It was impossible for the man to move so quickly and hide from Jotaro's sight before he had stopped time.

Jotaro thought of bringing Jolyne to meet Giorno, that Italian kid. Maybe she would make good friends with the distant Joestar relative. Yeah.

2 seconds

Jotaro noticed something blurry within the leaves of a distant palm tree. It must be Pucci. Unmistakably so, black coat and white hair sticking out like a sore thumb among all that green.

At the memory of Giorno, Jotaro starts rewinding, looking further back into the past. It's been a while since he's seen Okuyasu, Rohan, Koichi and all the people from Morioh. It was such a nice, quiet place. The memory of Yoshikage Kira popped up, and Jotaro could almost snort, remembering the almost pathetic way he died. If he could go back to Morioh, he noted to take Jolyne to see uncle Jouske and to get a good day at the beach (starfish are aplenty there).

1 second

Jotaro concluded that there was no way in hell he would get close enough to beat the living daylights out of Pucci. He was definitely out of range. Even if Star Platinum threw something, chances are, it wouldn't make it there before Pucci could use his own stand to move out of the way.

Jotaro almost slumped when he thought about the missing Kakyoin. He hadn't heard from him since he returned from his honeymoon all those years ago. How many years had it been? 20? The man just simply went missing. Disappeared into thin air. No one knew where he was. No one has heard from him either. Kakyoin had been officially reported missing and the chances of him being kidnapped were far higher than that of him being murdered or committing suicide. Speedwagon promised to take the case and look for the man. But it had already been so many years, that Jotaro had long begun to lose hope of the foundation ever finding him. He would go and search himself, but Speedwagon insisted (forced) Jotaro continue to do his job, and left the searching to them. Jotaro's hand reached for the inner pocket in his coat, taking out its contents, and curling his fingers around it in a protective fist. It was time to end this.