1 - Whirlpool

1 - Whirlpool

Kakyoin wasn't too fond of the outdoors. Probably because he burned easier than a vampire, or that he felt a little insecure around too many people. Isolation does a lot to a person. Kakyoin worried about the scars on his eyes and the huge circular patch on his stomach and back, wether people would point or not. Wether children would laugh, wether they would joke about it. So Kakyoin used some of his mother's foundation to cover up as much as he could, and placed sunglasses over his eyes.

He had never felt this insecure about the injuries. But the mere idea of strangers looking at them openly frightened him. Kakyoin grabs a grey shirt for extra measure. But, knowing Jotaro and Polnareff, they would invite him into the water. Kakyoin throws a pair of trunks that he hadn't used in years (hopefully they still fit) and dashed to the bus stop.

Kakyoin helps Joseph plant the beach umbrella into the sand, and then lays down the picnic mat. Polnareff complains about the afternoon heat, but pipes down once Avdol points out the fact that Polnareff had the strangest tan line from all their time Egypt. Jotaro was, for once, not wearing his school jacket. He kept the hat, of course, and wore a dark blue singlet and swimming trunks with a pair of worn flip flops. Kakyoin felt overdressed, wearing pants that reached his shins and a long-sleeved shirt. Even Avdol was dressed more comfortably!

"Arn't you warm?" Jotaro asks. One of his dark brows arched.

"Yes, but, I burn extremely easy."

"Sunscreen?"

"Yeah. I put some on at home."

"Then? Anyway, me and Polnareff are heading out first. You are swimming as well, right?" Jotaro bends down to grab a pair of goggles from a bag and a snorkel, Kakyoin was distracted from answering by the way Jotaro's arm muscles flexed and relaxed, the fluid motions of his actions. The picture of elegance. You could see every muscle working as clear as day as he removed his singlet.

"I think... I will join you guys later. This is a nice scene to sketch out." Kakyoin half fibs. The 'scenery' and the scenery were indeed nice, with the clear water and the golden sand. Well, if you don't mind the occasional screaming baby or the screech of children thrashing around in the water or the lady next to them complaining to her husband about her tan lines and all sorts of other shenanigans happening all at once, then, yes. Jotaro nods, leaving his slippers behind as he trudges off to join Polnareff in the water. Joseph and Avdol were off buying some drinks, leaving Kakyoin alone for a minute or two.

Kakyoin drags his pencil across his sketchbook to mark the horizon, adding in the rocks that jutted out from the corners of his peripheral vision. But his mind drifted and the scenery before him lost its appeal. What was holding his attention was the sight of Jotaro, knee deep in the water, hair wet and body glistening in the light. His back muscles alone drove Kakyoin to tears. It was such a sight to behold.

Kakyoin soon found his pencil sketching a face, the sharp jawline and the defined eyebrows slowly emerging. As he was about to get to drawing those stern, half-lidded eyes, Joseph yells out to the boy.

"Kakyoin! What are you doing? Why don't you join Jotaro and Polnareff for a swim?" Joseph nudges Kakyoin with the but of a chilled coke bottle, his eyes wide in disbelief.

"I just wanted to sketch a little before swimming." Kakyoin shifts his sunglasses up. Joseph nods.

"Well, don't keep the guys waiting for too long, I guess. Don't miss out on the fun!" And Kakyoin was alone again for a while.

He shuts the sketchbook after realizing that, if one observed well enough, it was Jotaro he was drawing. Kakyoin's ears heat up from that realization. He gets up and slowly removes his long-sleeve shirt, praying that no one looks at the poorly covered up scar. The foundation had been smeared by sweat and the shirt. Kakyoin removes his sunglasses and jogs up to Polnareff, Jotaro was no where in sight.

"Ah, Kakyoin! About time you came!" Polnareff's hair was falling all around his face, the silver hair gleaming in the sun. Kakyoin wouldn'g have recognized Polnareff if he hadn't been yelling french at a crab that had pinched his toe as he jogged over.

"Where's Jotaro?"

Polnareff points at the water. "He's snorkeling. Has been down there for quite a while. Not sure how far he's gone out." Kakyoin dips his head under the water and opens his eyes. He regrets that decision. The salt stings his eyes and he draws back.

"Well, I'm definitely not opening my eyes under there without goggles. Oh well." Kakyoin just stands there with Polnareff, waiting for Jotaro to come back, the sand shifting between his toes as the waves draw back from the shore. Kakyoin suggests that they look for sea shells, as childish as that sounds. But Polnareff was more than happy to oblige, hunching over as he walked to look out for interesting shells. They walk around for a few minutes, Kakyoin has nabbed a crab, a few broken shells and a shard of sea glass. Polnareff, on the other hand, has quite the collection of shells, all still in fairly good shape and a chunk of dead coral. Kakyoin walks into the water to release the crab, but was stopped by a loud splashing sound of a person emerging from the water. It was Jotaro.

It was extremely unfair, how elegant and amazing Jotaro looked at all times. But this? This was like staring at god himself! Jotaro's body was glistening, every muscle catching the light perfectly, emphasizing his toned body. He reaches up to his snorkel and goggles, removing them with such a fluid motion, as if it were with practiced grace. Jotaro reaches up to comb his ink-black hair back with his free hand, flicking droplets of water everywhere, a stray curl of hair falling forward onto his face. Jotaro's clear blue-green eyes were fixated on Kakyoin's as he walked towards him. Kakyoin just stood there in pure awe. The way Jotaro's eyes were always half lidded with supposed boredom was extremely and drop-dead attractive.

"That's a nice crab you have there. Were you going to release it?" Jotaro's voice was deep and it rumbled in the back of his chest, Kakyoin's name rolls off his tongue in such a pleasant way that Kakyoin's brain feels like it was about to short circuit.

"Uh... Yes! Yeah, I was just going to put this little guy back!" Kakyoin sputters. He had been unintentionally holding his breath. Jotaro raises a thick brow, but his gaze was as indifferent as ever. 

"Alright. Do you have a pair of snorkels? If you do, you could come with me. The coral and the fish are really something. I think you would like it."

'I think I would like it if you just lay your body over me.' Kakyoin thinks. But in response to Jotaro's question, he shakes his head.

"I have a spare pair of goggles. I will lend you the snorkels. Saliva cautious?" Jotaro leans forward, closing the space between them by a few inches. Kakyoin could see those beautiful eyes swirling with that gorgeous blue and green. Almost like a whirlpool.

"No." Kakyoin squeaks. His mind screams 'indirect kiss' childishly. Kakyoin's thoughts drift.

Jotaro nods and turns to fetch the goggles.

Kakyoin misses the fact that Jotaro's lips pulled into a tiny smirk of amusement caused by Kakyoin's little fluster show.