7 - Tsunami

7 - Tsunami

Kakyoin wasn't too sure how he should react. Watching Jotaro pack his bags was painful. Jotaro zipped his luggage up and sat down to rest, sighing through his nose. He take off his hat, freeing the ink black curls, ruffling it with a hand before placing the hat on his head once more.

"What time do you leave?" Kakyoin asks.

"7 o' clock." Jotaro replied for the 6th time that hour. "It's still early. Want to go somewhere for lunch?"

Kakyoin pulls his legs to his chest, already panicking a little. Jotaro's eyes don't leave Kakyoin.

"We don't have to do anything you don't want to. It's up to you,"Jotaro coaxes. "I'm still here for a few more hours."

"I know. I know." Kakyoin fiddles with his earrings, trying hard not to fidget excessively.

Lonely.

Lonely.

Lonely.

Kakyoin forcefully works his mouth into a smile, grabbing Jotaro's hat, placing it upon his head. "Fine. I'm gonna be alright. I'm not lonely."

Jotaro didn't know how to make his departure easier for Kakyoin. He wished he knew how to handle such a situation, so that he could stop Kakyoin from crying. Jotaro hated it when Kakyoin cries because of him.

"Let's go for a walk." Jotaro places both hands on Kakyoin's shoulders, unable to check his expression from under the cover of the bill of the hat. "Get some air."

"...Ok."

After an hour, Kakyoin and Jotaro end up with an ice cream each. Cherry for Kakyoin and plain vanilla for Jotaro. And by this time, Kakyoin had calmed down a little, his posture more relaxed and his fidgeting ceased.

"Kakyoin."

"Yeah?"

"Are you afraid of the ocean?"

Kakyoin wondered what that had to do with anything, but stopped short of replying when he suddenly heard the faint sound of crashing waves. They were near the beach. Kakyoin should be trembling, should be shaking in his shoes, crying on the floor - but he was fine.

"Why do you ask?" A ink black eyebrow raised, Jotaro befuddled.

"When I came back for the first time from university, you refused to go near the ocean. We can turn back now if you wish." Honestly, Kakyoin was a little scared. But, he wanted to see that unique twinkle in Jotaro's eye one more time before he would leave for another year. Or more.

"Let's go to the beach." Jotaro blinks.

"You sure?"

Kakyoin grabs Jotaro's hand and yanks him forward, dashing for the beach.

Every second had to count. Every moment had to be used up to the fullest.

The sea breeze was frosty, since it was still December, and a little snow still lay around the side of the road just before it started into sand. Kakyoin doesn't release Jotaro's hand until he's at the edge of the water, the waves barely licking his shoes.

"Kakyoin, are you sure? I don't mind if we go and head off elsewhere to -"

"I want to." Kakyoin's eyes lock with Jotaro's. His lavender eyes stern, his decision firm. "It's far too cold to swim. Let's just talk a walk along the beach."

Jotaro doesn't reply.

They take their time, making small talk as they stroll, picking up shards of sea glass or broken shells from the sand. In all honesty, Kakyoin felt sick. The salty sea breeze made him nauseous and the rolling waves made him a little dizzy. But from Jotaro's point of view, Kakyoin looked alright, not wobbling or stumbling.