8 - 36,070 Feet Under and Beyond

8 - 36, 070 Feet Under and Beyond

"Congratulations!"

NoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNo

"Thanks. I think I have a picture of her." Jotaro dug into his pockets, fishing out his wallet.

NoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNoNo

"She's very pretty." Kakyoin pinches the photo, wrinkling the corner. "And one lucky lady.

Why am I saying these things

"Would you like to meet her?" Jotaro's expression relaxes a little, running a hand through his abyss black locks. "She's American, so we would have to travel pretty far."

Stopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstop

"I'll see how it goes." Kakyoin forced, forced, a smile to grace his features. He tried so hard to maintain it, it felt like he was trying to make two north pole magnets attract. "Ready to go home?"

"So soon? We have been here for only an hour." Jotaro checked his watch, puzzled. "Oh. Are you unwell?"

"Please. Let's just go." Kakyoin wanted to scream.

WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME

"Alright." Jotaro doesn't say anything on their way back.

Kakyoin avoided Jotaro the next day. Not because he didn't want to talk to him. Not because he was afraid of hurting him. Not because he was afraid that he might say something wrong in front of him.

But because he needed some time alone, so he could fuck shit up.

It had been many years since he had come back to that particular spot. It was an old abandoned warehouse that was near his parents' house. He would walk through a small forest that was next to his home for about 15 minutes, before reaching a small clearing full of long grass. And in the middle of that huge patch was the crippled old warehouse that slanted to the right and looked like it would collapse with the smallest huff and puff. Kakyoin clenched his fists, and Hierophant emerged from the ground, the shiny green glowed in the buttery light of dawn. Kakyoin walked closer to the warehouse, the long grass tickled him as he walked through. When he was a child, the grass would tower over him, making him feel like an ant, but now, the grass brushed his elbows, earning a whole different view. The small field was very beautiful. It had always been. Kakyoin walks slowly, so that he could memorize every detail, every highlight, every shadow, before its perfection was marred. The wooden door of the warehouse crumbled under Kakyoin's mere touch, the wood so eaten up and hollowed by termites, that it could barely take a simple tap. The sound of disintegrating wood riled Kakyoin up, fueling his bubbling rage. Kakyoin wastes no time in punching the door frame with a readied fist. The wood splinters easily, and Hierophant proceeds to smash holes through the brittle walls. Kakyoin stormed into the warehouse, and grabbed a chair that lay on the ground, flung it across the room with a yell, and shattered a glass window.

As Kakyoin destroyed the warehouse that held many childhood memories, memories of days playing games with Hierophant Green, frolicking in the tall grasses, catching grasshoppers, spotting snakes, he felt himself crying a bit.

Why had he chosen this place to take his anger out on?

Kakyoin asked himself over and over as he wreaked havoc on the slanted warehouse. Kakyoin screamed and shouted, sending Emerald Splash after Emerald Splash, crushing doors and collapsing walls, and soon enough, the whole building crumbled.

"See what you did?" Kakyoin yelled, head pointed skyward. "All because you went and got married! I become destructive! I annihilated what was left of this beautiful place! I can't believe it! It could have been any other rotten building!"