[12] New York City

Start from the beginning

"You're distracting me and we're on a bridge. You want us to swerve off the road?" Niall joked.

"Why would I be distracting you?" I asked. He blushed and shrugged a bit. I realized that since he was Irish, he blushed often. A few nights ago he had vented that he wished his face didn't get so red, and I thought it was sort of adorable.

"Well for one, you smell really good. Vanilla? With peaches, maybe?"

"It's called Pure Seduction from Victoria's Secret." I admitted, finding myself getting red. I could feel my face getting hot, like it was on fire, and I covered my face.

"Here's what I don't understand; Why do they call it that? I don't need fancy names, just tell me what it's supposed to smell like!" He vented, laughing along with me. He wrapped his arm around me and I smiled.

"We have our own fragrance called Our Moment, and I was like, what the hell's that supposed to mean? It smells like lavender, so call it lavender!" He kept ranting. "I was overruled."

I found myself bursting out laughing from him, and in the beginning I'd never imagined him to be so loud and funny. For a few moments we sat in silence, and I completely forgot he was there, my eyes watching the Statue Of Liberty and the city lights.

"Quick, can you get me one of my scarves in my bag? In the back, by Aimee. I need to hide my face." He remembered. I nodded and crawled into the back, opening his back and grabbing a big, flannel scarf.

"Have you worn this out before?" I asked, wrapping it around his neck. He shook his head.

"Good thinking, though. Close one." He sighed as we went into an underground tunnel.

"I should wake Aimee up for this, but I don't want her to have trouble sleeping. Why are we going underground, anyway?" I raised an eyebrow.

"That's how we get onto the city. It's on it's own island thing, sort of. Now when we get in t'ere I know of a good hotel we can stay at. I'll let them know not to let anyone say we're here, I'm close with the manager." He explained. I nodded and kept peering out the window.

"These streets! They're so narrow!" I said. "And oh my gosh, the skyscrapers look so tall."

"That's why they're called skyscrapers, babe." Niall said. I rolled my eyes as we went through the city. I only caught a quick glimpse of Times Square, it was too far off in the distance to see. The traffic was heavy as I imagined, but before long we were parking in a tall lot for cars.

"Here, we can go in this back way." Niall said, pointing to a door by an elevator. I nodded and went to reach for my bag, but Niall beat me to it. I smiled and started to unbuckle Aimee, who was muttering things in her sleep.

"Shh." I whispered, holding her close to my chest as we hopped out of the car and Niall locked it.

"Nobody knows your plate, right?" I checked.

"New car." He said. "But again, good thinking. Close one." Even though I couldn't see his mouth from the scarf, I could tell that he shot me a smile by the crinkles in his eyes, and the little sparkles that danced in them. Dear lord, I was a sap.

We headed down a flight of stairs that lead us into the main lobby, which was surprisingly not very busy. I followed behind Niall, trying not to draw any attention to us. I felt so rebellious for some reason, like I was sneaking Niall around places.

"We need a nice suite under the name Gregory."

The manager at the desk raised an eyebrow and came in close.

"Niall?" He whispered. Niall nodded faintly and the manager smiled. "I'm sorry for what's happened, kiddo. We've got a room for you, and we'll make sure your stay is very comfortable."