Forty-Two.

Rebecca

"And, why are we at Andree's humongous mansion?" Rosa asked as she raised an eyebrow.

"Keep your voice down, Rosa." I whispered. "Just stay in the hallway and listen. Robert doesn't know you're here."

"Fine." She hissed.

I rolled my eyes and walked inside of Robert's office. He was already sitting at his desk waiting for me.

"Everything is done, right?" I asked.

"Yes." He nodded. "There's only one problem, though."

I folded my arms, "What is it?"

"My son knows."

I already knew that Andree knew. But, of course Robert didn't know I already told him.

"Damn." I sucked my teeth.

"He's going after her." He growled.

Now, I didn't know that.

"What?!"

"All I know is, you better find a way to fix this." He snarled. "Or else, Rebecca. Get the hell out of my office."

I shook my head and walked out of his office. Rosa looked at me with pure disgust, yet she didn't say anything. I walked back upstairs, Rosa following me, and we left the mansion.

"What the hell was that?" Rosa growled.

"What?"

"You guys were talking about Isamariá, weren't you?"

"Yeah, " I shrugged, "Why?"

"What do you mean, why?!" She shouted. "She could be dead because of you! You set her up for death!"

"Don't yell it out for the whole world to hear!" I snapped. "You're just as guilty as me for following along with my plans!"

"Those stupid plans that had to do with Andree." She snarled. "Isamariá never did anything to you! You went too far, Rebecca! "

"So, what are you going to do?" I asked. "You're not going to tell anyone, are you?"

"....No." She shook her head.

"Good." I smiled. "Let's keep it that way. This is between me, and you. Nobody else has to know about it."

"Whatever." She shook her head. "Let's just go home, it's almost eleven."

And, at that, we made our way back to the Bronx in the pitch dark.

______________

Isamariá

Another day passed and I was still with the KKK. The sun beamed on my face as I opened my eyes. I was laying in the back of a pick up truck, my hands and feet bound to rope. I groaned as I hit my head again, due to the car comin' to another rough stop.

Soon, the white sheet that was used to cover me, was lifted off of the back of the truck and the stupid man who I assumed was the white boy's father, looked at me and scoffed.

"I'm surprised you're still livin.'" He shook his head. "You haven't been feed in a minute."

I rolled my eyes. 

"Get out." He demanded as he grabbed me by my arm, then threw me on the dirty, grassy ground. "Lucas, drag her in there and throw her in the back room."

"Alright." The white boy said. So, that's his name.

He picked me up bridal style and began to carry me into the house, until he was interrupted.

"I said drag her, damn it!" His father snapped.

"I'm sorry." Lucas whispered. "I'm not doing this on my own will."

I nodded my head in forgiveness, and he laid me back down on the ground. Then, he grabbed my arm and slowly dragged me inside. 

"Hurry up there, boy!" His father barked. "We don't got all day!"

When he finally got me inside the house, he picked me up and carried me into the back room. He closed the door and put me on the bed. He then sighed and took the duct tape off of my mouth.

"Are we in Alabama yet?" I asked, trying to ignore the pain I felt from constantly being thrown and dragged around.

"Not yet, but we should be there by tonight." He nodded. "So, you'll be out of here by tomorrow."

"Thanks... Lucas." I smiled.

"You're welcome." He blushed. "I'll get out of here before my dad says something. I'll bring you something to eat, soon."

He smiled at me, then walked out of the room. I sighed as I rolled over on the bed. I was so tired, that I was starting to think there was no more for me here on earth. Yes, I was thinking suicide.

I had so many opportunities to do it, and I could do it right now if I wanted to. As a matter of fact....... right now was a good time to do it. I looked around the room and I noticed a metal hook on the wall above the closet door. I began to tear up as I struggled to get my hands out of the rope.

It took me a minute, but I managed to slip one of my hands out. I sat up in the bed and untied the rope to my feet. Then, I slowly got up and pushed the small wooden stool over towards the closet. I stood up on the stool, and tied the long rope to the hook.

Before I knew it, my eyes were flooded with tears. I wiped them away and shook my head.

"Forgive me lord." I whispered as I tied the rope around my neck. "Please."

Once it was tied around my neck, I closed my eyes...

and I kicked the stool over.