Twenty-One.

Isamariá

This was the third time that I called Jada. I had been trying to reach her all morning, because I forgot about our plans, today.

We were supposed to meet up in front of the liquor store, along with Joshua, and take the subway to Manhattan. I totally forgot since I wasn't feeling good and stayed home. Plus, Andreson surprised me with the beat-down cop at the door.

Finally, the phone rang.

"Hello?" I answered. "Jada?"

"This is the second time you've ditched our plans!" Jada exclaimed. "I don't even want to talk to you."

"Let me explain, though!"

"Fine, whatever."

"Okay, Andreson got into it with his parents, and they ended up calling the police on me, and I got arrested!" I explained. "And, then.. Andreson got me out, and he took me home, but I didn't feel good-"

She laughed, "Am I supposed to believe that?"

"Why would I lie about something stupid like that?" I asked. "Come on, Jada."

"Whatever, Isa."

She hung up the phone and I sighed, throwing the phone down. I limped back into my bedroom and crawled into bed. I was seriously aggravated with life right now.

Just when I got comfortable in bed, the phone rang again. I got out of bed and limped into the living room. I picked the phone up and answered.

"Hello?"

"Is this... Isamariá Milian?" A woman asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"Sweetie, this is Mrs. Valdez."

I rolled my eyes.

"Yes?"

"Listen, Robert feels terrible about what happened to you and Andreson. We want to give you another chance to work with us."

"I don't know if I should believe you." I said.

"Just.. forgive us, please." She pleaded. "We feel so bad about it. We know how much our son cares about you, and we should have never done that to you."

"I guess." I shrugged. "When do you want me to come?"

"Tomorrow would be grand." She said, sweetly.

"Okay."

I hung up the phone and shook my head. As soon as I came in the door, Momma came in the door.

"Isa!" She smiled. "Look what I got you."

She showed me a big, fluffy, pink dress. It had sparkles on the top, and flared out on the bottom. She also had a Tiara in her head.

"Wow.." I said.

"This is for you, for your party next month." She said. "Do you like it?"

"Yeah." I smiled.

"Good, because it was expensive." She said.

She closed the door and layed the stuff down on the couch. She then went into the kitchen, so I followed behind her. "I'm going back to work tomorrow.." I said.

"That's good, sweetie." She said. "Where's George?"

"I don't know." I shrugged.

"Oh okay."

I left the kitchen and limped back into my bedroom. I crawled into bed and ended up falling asleep.

****