Maybe it was her innocence or that she was so naive. Maybe it was the way that the simplest thing can make her smile, how she would smell the books when she thinks no ones looking or how she...

A knock on the door broke me out of my thoughts. Shaking my head to clear away those thoughts I said come in to whoever is outside.

"I got what you asked for boss." Alfanso, my third in command said dropping a file on my desk.

Opening it there was only one page.

Looking into the file again and looking up at Alfanso, I asked "What the fuck is this? There is nothing on here." Throwing useless file at his head.

Dodging it, he replied. "That's just it boss. There nothing on this chick. No birth certificate, place of birth, no accident report, no medical records; nothing." He said. "But something did come up, a woman, Cynthiana Carson came up as the only relative."

He placed another folder in front of me but this one was empty too. "We couldn't find anything on her as well," then he placed a newspaper article on the file, "But she died in a hit and run 5 months ago. There was no arrest made on the case."

Reading the article once, twice a third time; I still was left with more questions that answers.

Who is this girl?

Feeling a migraine coming on I started rubbing my temples.

"Ohhhh, cookies!" Alfanso exclaimed reaching for the plate.

Grabbing the gun from my open top draw I pointed it at Alfanso.

"Don't. Those aren't for you." I said while drawing the plate in front of me and away from his hand.

Pouting his lip, he completely avoided the gun pointed at him. "But boss," he whined, "I thought that you didn't like sweets and put that thing away, it's dangerous. You could really hurt someone."

Scowling, I wonder how the fuck did he ended up in the Mafia. He was such a kid at time but don't let that fool you, he could probably kill you with a toothpick in ten different ways.

He was found wondering the streets of Paris. It was a cold night out. While I was walking down the dark street he held  me up at gun point but you could see his hands trembling, his shirt hanging off his body. He looks sickly. But the look in his eyes; the fierce look of determination and will power even in his sick state was something else. So I made a deal with him, he would train to be my third in command for when I take over and he would get a place to call home.

I was seventeen at the time and he was twenty, so he's been with the Italian Mafia for 7 years now. His loyalty lies with us, with me.

His boss.

"Get out before I shoot you Alfanso." I said putting down the gun, taking up a cookie and tossing it at him. "Now, before I change my mind."

"Yes boss." He said while practically stuffing the whole thing down his throat. "This is good." He mumbled with a wide smile leaving my office.

Taking the plate I started for my room with the plate in my hands munching on the cookies. They really were delicious.

Going into my room I closed the door behind me.

Placing the plate on the nightstand I saw a white piece of paper sticking out of the drawer. Taking it out I unfolded it and a small smile played on my lips as I read the letter again:

Mr Prince Charming

I took your advice and I made a friend besides you of course. You're my best friend. Her name is Cassie and she's so pretty and friendly. She helps me with the bullying too.