"Quit being a butt, Jules," I teased. "I know that you know what he meant when he said about you two not being "mated"."

Julie glared at me, her lip moving upwards as she tried not to smile. "Shut up," she said. "Just because you two want to sleep together doesn't mean that you have to."

"Sorry for wanting decent sleep," I replied, sarcastically. "Why do you think I hang out in the woods almost every night?"

"Uh... patrolling?" Faolon asked, arching an eyebrow. He smirked when I scowled. "But I am with what they are saying. I don't know if I will be comfortable with you two sleeping in the same bed."

"They think I am going to "remind" you what we did last summer," Matt said, leaning closer to me. He smirked when I snorted "Though, we will be sleeping. I did bring some shirts for you."

I grinned and placed my head in his shirt. I took in a deep breath of his scent and loved the fact that he was here with me and not far away from me.

"It had been a tough six months with you planning on coming here and not keeping in contact with my sister," John said, watching us. There was something in his eyes that made me think that he had something like this, like what Matt and I had now. The grief that I had known was more evident in his eyes, and I was curious as to why.

"And, I am going to make it up to her," Matt promised. "Starting with a date tomorrow."

I glanced at my phone when it rang and saw an unknown number calling. "Maybe, maybe not. Excuse me." I got up from where I was seated by Matt and walked outside, not caring that I was followed by Brody.

I was going to tell them who called, but I wanted to know first. I just hoped that it was the woman that I had been helping...

***

"Martha Johnson speaking," I said, answering the phone. I furrowed my brows when I heard cussing at the other end but nothing else. "Hello?"

"Oh, ya, hi. It's Vanessa," the person over the phone said.

My whole body tensed when I heard her name. Worry and caution filled my body, and I was scared that she was calling because one of her children, or herself, were injured "Mrs. Vanessa? Are you all alright? Are the girls fine?" I asked. I waved my hand at Brody when he looked at me curiously.

Vanessa chuckled, softly. "Vanessa is still fine, Dear," she said. "And, yes, all three of us are fine. I had just talked to Shardul, the leader of the Tiger clan, and he wants to meet you the day after tomorrow." She paused and sighed. "My husband overheard me talking about you, and he wants to meet you tomorrow."

"Why does it sound like he isn't my biggest fan?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. I leaned my back against the railing and looked at my house.

"He just..."

"Blames me for stuff? It's not the first time." I moved a hand through my hair and sighed. "Does he hold a position?" I asked, knowing full well that if he did, then I would have to work extra hard to get him to trust me.

Vanessa stayed silent and sighed. "Yes," she said, her voice soft. "He is the second in command."

"And he hurts you." I pursed my lips in disgust. "I will take care of him," I promised.

"No! Please, don't hurt him," she begged. "I-I-"

"I am not going to hurt him," I said, soothingly. "But, if he hurts you in front of me, then I cannot let it slide."

Vanessa sighed, and I could tell that she nodded her head. "Do you think that you will be able to come around fivish tomorrow? I do want to discuss you babysitting my children if you are up for it. I heard some people talking and say that you do a really good job with kids."

"If I am able to bring my dog with me, then yes," I replied, smiling. I was glad that people raved about me taking care of their children because it was something that I was good at. "If... they do come, while I am out training and you both are not at the house, then I will be able to sense something from him when something is wrong."

There was silence on the other end, and I could tell she was debating with herself. "Is he good with kids?"

"He is," I replied. "I've babysat a lot of kids from different families, and most do not have a problem with him being there. I call him my second pair of hands, well paws."

Vanessa chuckled. "All right," she said. "I will see you tomorrow at around fivish."

"I will see you around fivish," I promised. I hung up the phone and looked at my brother. "Well, it looks like I will be starting on the last bit of my training soon."

"Let's just hope that you will have time to finish it."

I pursed my lips but didn't say a word. I, also, hoped that I would be able to finish my training before anything bad happens.