Chapter 1

I look down at my brochure for Camp Legend one last time before walking over to my mirror. I have 10 minutes until my best friend, Scarlett, arrives. We both start our summer job as camp counselors today and she offered to drive both of us there. Mostly because I don't have a car. Scarlett worked at Camp Legend last year as a camp counselor so she knows what it's going to be like. I however do not, it's going to be a new experience. I'm nervous just as much as I am excited.

 I take the mascara out of my make-up bag and coat my long lashes. I don’t have time to blow dry my hair, so I put it up quickly. I stuff my make-up bag back into my backpack then hoist it up on my shoulder. My phone buzzes just as I head downstairs. It’s a text from Scarlett.

I’m here, hurry up.

She’s 5 minutes early and I haven’t even had breakfast yet. It looks like I’m going to be skipping it today. I throw my running shoes on, grab my bags off the ground and head out the door. As I walk down the steps of my house Scarlett rushes to me to help put my things in the trunk of her car.

 My little brother Jem comes running out of the house just as I close the trunk.

 “Alexa wait! You forgot your pillow and blanket!” He shouts running down the driveway nearly tripping over the blanket in his arms.

 “Thanks, Jem,” I say taking my things from him and ruffling his shaggy black hair. Our resemblance is very similar. We have the same bright blue eyes; the same black wavy hair and we even have dimples on the both sides of our cheeks. Our noses are the same except his is hooks at the bottom, a trait that he inherited from our father. Everyone who sees us can instantly tell we're related.

 “Bye Alexa, see you at camp!” Jem shouts waving as Scarlett pulls out of my driveway.

 "Your brother is so cute,” Scarlett says once we’re off my street.

 “I know. You tell me every time you see him,” I laugh.

 Scarlett rolls down the car windows as we drive down the highway. Her long brown hair flies around her face and in her dark eyes. She swiftly brushes her hair aside and turns up the radio. I look at the clock on the dashboard and sigh, it's not even 11am and I'm still tired. I lay my head back, close my eyes and fall asleep for the remainder of the 4 hour car ride.

(Sorry this chapter is so boring. I promise it'll get more exciting)