THG: Plot Twist #7

Plot Twist #7

Katniss loved Peeta, but she loved her family even more. So she made a deal. Snow would keep her family alive, one one condition. Katniss would deceive innocent people. She would tell them she loved them. She would kiss them and hold them. She do horrible things.

By the time the 75th Annul Hunger Games, which was also a Quarter Quell, Katniss had told 74 guys that she loved them. 73 guys were lied to.

This was the reason the Quarter Quell wasn't changed by Snow. Katniss hurt people, he would expose that to the public and all hope for her would be lost.

That year the the family of the victors went in. Prim and Peeta's brother went in. Before Prim's interview President Snow came up to Prim to talk.

"Tell the audience you're stressed." he said. "Tell them you hate seeing her like this. Tell them her secret. Tell them what she does. Tell them who she loves. Nobody. Tell them everything. Tell them or face the consequences. And don't act like you don't know the consequences."

Prim couldn't just let everyone she loved be slaughtered. So, she did tell the audience. She shared the secrets of Katniss's love life. She shared everything. They even let her talk longer than the other tributes. The Capitol loved gossip. These words weren't rumors though. The words Primrose Everdeen spoke that night were 100% true.

That very same night, 74 men looked up at a tree with a rope in their hands. That night they cried for the first time since Katniss had told them she loved them. That night they tied a rope around their necks. That night they committed suicide.

Only one scratched something on that tree though. It was Peeta. He had scratched in the words "You love me? Real or not real?" But the word "real" was crossed out.

Peeta committed suicide that night believing that Katniss didn't love him. He died thinking that he was just a piece in her games.