Schrodinger's Cat

Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness- Desmond Tutu

The last thing she remembered was the bright glare of the headlights heading straight for her. After hearing what Shiv had said, she just wanted to run away from it all.

In a twisted way, maybe she got her wish.

When the darkness came, she welcomed it. She even thought she was going to die, but she didn't. She could hear voices on the outside but it was just a cacophony of indistinct sounds that she snatched here and there.

She didn't even know how much time had passed. Everything felt so strange like she was living in black ink.

And then, she heard new voices, that she could comprehend. She heard her parents and their cries, so insincere. She hated them for so long and now here they were. She knew they didn't come because they cared but because they felt guilty.

Michael's voice brought in a whole new feeling in her. As she heard it, she wanted to wake up and hug him but she knew she couldn't.

And that hurt more than anything.

When she heard Shiv's voice, all she wanted to do was hurt her back. She wanted shiv to feel the same way she had felt. It was a feeling of uncontrollable rage and anger.

One thing they all had in common? They all talked over her. She felt like she was already dead and she was just a ghost floating through the world.

She was there,

and not there at the same time.

~ ,*ZI