Chapter Fifty-eight: Chosen

Start from the beginning

That's what Aiane had done anyway. She barely made it out alive sa practicals.

She kind of missed Enzo's comforting presence. His 'Hi' and 'Hellos' weren't enough for her anymore. And she was all over that 'He kissed a girl' thing. She chose not to dwell on that anymore para hindi siya ma down.

"I was hoping to talk to you," Aiane sighed, slumping her shoulders in defeat. She can't lie to him with him this close. She can't even think straight right now.

Enzo's hand put pressure on her waist then turned her to face. He was grinning. "Mission accomplished. You got me."

Aiane summoned all her will power. She blinked at him, shocked by his smile but then eased up. She smiled back at him. Mission accomplished indeed.

She took that time to give him a once over.

He was wearing a neon blue sleeveless top that clung to his skin like wet tissue (surely giving the girls here a feast) and jeans. He wore a simple diamon earring on his right ear and he probably ran his hand through his hair so many times because of how messy it was. It completed the look though. Enzo screamed punk bad boy all the way.

Aiane let out a low whistle. "You came just to break hearts huh?"

"You know breaking hearts is my sole purpose in life"

Aiane shook her head and laughed.

Enzo looked down at her too then leaned in with a mischievous glint in his eyes. Aiane waited for him to say something but he didn't. He just kept staring.

Of course the appropriate reaction followed. She blushed.

Sa lapit ni Enzo sa kanya siguradong kita nito kung paano mamula ang pisngi niya.

"This is what you were waiting for huh?" She grumbled, looking away.

Enzo returned to his previous position with a satisfied grin. "You know it."

"Didn't I tell to stop hitting on my sister?"

Both of their eyes turned to a glowering Zeus.

Enzo sighed before answering, "I'm not the only one as of this moment"

Aiane was caught off guard by her big brother's sudden appearance and she was still because of Enzo's answer. What did he mean by 'I'm not the only one'?

Zeus cursed before turning to her. "Aiane why are you here?"

She lowered her head dahil halatang inis ang Kuya niya. "Kuya Ash said I could come"

"That doesn't mean you do," Zeus exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air. "Asher is nuts. He doesn't care who gets corrupted in his party. You're smart enough to know that.  I don't want you to be exposed to this kind of stuff-"

"Dude come on lay off. She just wants to go out," Enzo said.

Zeus rolled his eyes. "What would you do if Lizzy or Gigi were here?" he shot back.

That was the moment Aiane decided to speak. "I'm not a kid! Stop treating me like one!"

Arguing with her brother tonight was not part of the agenda but she knew it couldn't be avoided. And he was really starting to piss her off. The whole stress and pressure were still in her system and she wouldn't mind laying it all on her brother.

Enzo's jaw hardened. It's clear that he didn't like Zeus' comment. "I'll take care of her just lay off, man"

Zeus doesn't look convinced.

"I promise. I won't let her out of my sight. I'll even drive her home"

Aiane turned to her brother. And by that one stare Zeus answered her question.