61

(a/n: a not-so-long narration ahead.)
-

RED

Bumalik na ako sa loob ng event. Nagulat ako kasi una kong nakasalubong si Lucas. It's a good thing, instead of seeing Julienne first.

Biglang nagsalita yung emcee, "Okay, may we call on—" Hindi natapos magsalita yung emcee dahil may biglang sumigaw, Julienne. "Could you please let me take the stage for a moment, I would like to say a few words?" Then she smiled.

Umakyat na siya sa stage and pagkatapat niya dun sa mic, she tapped it twice. "Hello? I would like to make a revelation here." She started.

"Ikaw ba yung tinutukoy niya?" Tanong sa akin ni Lucas, napakibit balikat na lang ako. "Malay ko ba diyan kay Julienne, may saltik yan eh."

"Who would have taught that a girl that everyone admires is really someone different from what they really thought? What if they don't know is a real flirt on the inside?"

And then it suddenly hit me, ako ba yung tinutukoy niya? Base sa nabasa ko sa phone niya kanina, I'm 99.9% sure it's me.

Then a slide flashed from her behind. It was me, kissing different guys. I can see my face but I can't see who the guys were. I'm sure this were all photoshopped so I'm not reacting.

People were looking at me but I don't mind. Lucas held me closer to him and whispered, "Don't listen to her, I believe in you." I felt him softly kiss the top of my head.

This is one of the things I like about him, he makes me feel secured.

"May nalaman ako, something fresh, something interesting, something destructive. You guys know Lucas Arellano, right?" She looked at our direction and smirked. Ano ba talaga gusto mo, Julienne?

"Well, technically, he's just using her. Not for money, but for fame and attention. And also, sex." That was when I finally reached my boiling point. Lucas tried to calm me but this is enough.

I took her phone from my purse and threw it right at her face. Eventually, it hit her nose. I'm a good aimer, thank you.

Hitting his chest, I gruffly gave Lucas my purse. I went up to the stage with stomping feet. She can talk things about me but she can't talk things about someone who has nothing to do with what's going on between us.

"You do have the guts to say that? After you try to what? Destroy my prom night?" There was a glimpse of surprise in her face, I scoffed. "Wala ka bang kaya gawing matino sa buhay mo?"

And then she suddenly faced me, with an angry expression. "Ako pa talaga ang walang nagagawang matino dito? Hindi ba ikaw yun? Lahat na lang ng nga gusto ko sa buhay ko nakukuha mo."

"So, you're insecure? Is that it?" Wala bang tao na lalapit dito at pipigilan kami? Well, okay lang yun, para matapos na ito.

"What?! Of course not!" Halatang oo kaya. "What is that thing that you have and I don't?"

"You wanna know what?" Lumapit ako ng kaunti sa kanya. "I don't live beyond my imagination. Kung alam kong hanggang dito lang, edi hanggang doon lang. Hindi na ako aasa ng mas higit pa."

"Alam mo ba, I used to hate you for taking things from me, especially my honors. But then, I thought, ano nga ba napapala ko nung mga panahon na yun? Wala eh. You're just a few steps ahead of me then, but now I'm miles ahead of you."

"Sinabi ko na sa iyo diba? There is nothing in you that I would want to have. Kaya pwede ba? Tigil na. Pagod na ako makipagaway sa iyo."

Tinalikuran ko na siya, ayaw ko na talaga. Nakakasawa na kapag paulit-ulit ang mga bagay. Then I heard sobbings, that was when I slowly faced her to make I'm hearing things right.

"Gusto ko lang naman ay maging masaya, ang maging gusto ng lahat. Pero kahit anong gawin ko, walang nangyayari. Nakuha ko nga yung honors, pero ikaw pa din yung hinahangaan nila."

"Wala ba akong gagawin na pwedeng ma-appreciate ng tao? Kahit isang tao lang?"

Lumapit ako sa kanya and lowered down to her level. I put some strands of her into the back of her ear. "You don't need to be someone the world doesn't need. The world will simply be the one to change for you, darling."

A few seconds later, I saw Lucas walking his way near the front stage. Alam ko na ang gusto niyang gawin, he wants to calm Julienne down. Alam kong siya na rin mismo ay gusto na ring matapos ang gulong ito.

"Could you do me one thing before you let us go, Julienne? Accept yourself for who you really are. You don't need to be someone you're not to impress who you really are. When you shows us the real you, that's what making you really beautiful."

* * *

--- nainspire kasi ako sa scars to your beautiful. huehue. ang tagal ko na hindi gumagawa ng narration na mahaba kaya parang mema na talaga HAHAHAHA