Chapter 5 ~ Smell of Death

Start from the beginning

"Yeah i'm fine," I remarked. I don't understand. Where did it go? "What did your people say? Are they in an alliance with us?" I gazed in his eyes, trying to change the subject. I could tell that he was uneasy, but he didn't say anything else.

"They agreed to join, but before they do, they want me to do something for them," his voice was rattled and seemed worrisome. I wanted to know what he was hiding from me..we always told each other everything.

"What do you have to do?" I sat up in my bed, realizing all I had on was a blue T-shirt and black underwear. Kayn stared at me then stared at the ground quickly, trying not to seem like a perve. I moved the covers up so that they covered my lap and he looked back up at me.

"Um-"

"Hey you're awake!" Asher interrupted what Kayn was about to say as he came in with a big smile on his face. Hazel came in rushing right behind him and ran across the room and jumped on my bed next to me. Kayn looked at Asher with a glare and stood up out of the chair.

"What did you see? I heard that you had a vision," Hazel excitedly spoke as her big brown eyes were sparkling with excitement. She reached across me and grabbed my mother's journal. "Was it a good vision?"

They all looked at me with wonder in their eyes, waiting for me to say something. Asher looked at Kayn as he was walking past him, making him look like he was better than him, and sat in the chair beside my bed, waiting for me to go on. Kayn crossed his arms and stood staring at me as he leaned against my dresser, waiting for me to say something.

"It was awful guys," I retorted with a raspy voice. "People were screaming on top of their lungs, people we were dying, and children and teenagers like us were being taken away. I think I saw my father.." I paused. "It was terrible and haunting..I don't think I can ever get it out of my mind."

"Because that was your father, Ryley," Nathan popped out of nowhere from the air, frightening us all. "I was there at the time. All that you saw, happened when you were born. Your father wanted to use you, but your mother took off with you in her arms and tried finding you a safe home to hide you at, which she succeeded to do."

"If my father wanted to find me so bad, why couldn't he just use one of his warlock's or witches to do a locator spell on me?" I questioned as Kayn, Asher, and Hazel were staring at Nathan...still being shocked that he just appeared in thin air.

"Because when you were born your mother wanted me to put a shielding spell on you, so that we couldn't do a locator spell to find you. You are created by dark forces, your father wants you for his evil plans. Your mother wanted you safe and away from harms reach..even if that meant not being able to see and hold you as you grew up. You are a creation Ryley, not a person. That is why you're the best assassin in the world. You're made by full on instinct, no flaws, and stronger than any assassin ever known in the world. You are the ultimate weapon that could destroy the world, which is exactly why your father wants you," he blurted as he started walking towards my door.

"So does that make her good or evil?" Hazel questioned, making Nathan stop and pause for a second.

He breathed, "She is who she wants to become. She has control over her own destiny, as long as Seifer doesn't get a hold of her," he put his hand on the doorknob and looked behind over his shoulder over to Hazel. "Come on, we have a locator spell to do," he opened the door and walked out.

"Get dressed and come to the throne room," Hazel looked at me with a smile as she put her hand on my arm.

"Of course," I looked back at her. She got off the bed and headed out the door, leaving it wide open behind her.