7.

Just like every year, Hinata the king's herald, went from the capital to other cities to spread the message of the warrior's tournament. This time Iwaizumi thought it would be best to tell his parents. They were surprisingly fine with it since they knew he had mastered how to use a sword and had one himself.

He went to sign up at the city fountain when someone tapped his shoulder. He turned to see Oikawa, Maki and Matsu. "What are you guys doing here?"
"Have you signed up yet?"
"Don't answer my question then." Iwa sighed and shook his head. "No, I haven't just yet. I'm going to now." He turned to the sign up sheet and turned back to them only to see making holding up a box.

"What is that?" Maki handed him the box and grinned. "Just a little something to stop you from slipping up during the tourney." Iwa raised an eye brow before opening the boxes lid. His eyes widened when the saw a fresh new pair of boots with thick grips and quality laces.
This is medieval times remember, that shit is expensive. "Why?!"
"Because we want the best for you. Your old boots where faded and you could easily slip so I asked Matsu to get some leather for me and Oikawa payed since it coast a lot." Maki grinned. Maki's a cobbler btw. "Thank you." Iwa breathed out and stared at the boots. "Try them on. If they don't fit I'll modify them." Iwa went to sit on a tall rock and tried them on. The fit perfectly an he tried skidding on the sandy rock floor. "They're great. I can control my movement a lot better."
"Great!" Oikawa exclaimed and swung an arm around his shoulder. "I should probably get going incase anyone pops in." Maki announced and Matsu too said he had to leave. Iwa and Oikawa waved as they walked off. Once they were gone Oikawa gave Iwaizumi a serious look.

"Are you sure about this." He whispered and Iwa nodded. "Yes."
"But the King will get mad. I support you but you might be putting yourself in danger."
"This could be the only way for me and (y/n) to be together."

I'm making it so fucking obvious!!

Oikawa grabbed his shoulder firmly. "I see your point. The king can't really say no to you since he's let people out of prison and given out tones of money. But if you loose again this year don't enter next year's. You almost died last time." Iwa nodded and the two friends went their separate ways.

Time skip ~ Tourney! Day 1

You groaned at the fact that you had to go and watch the tourney. Usually you didn't really mind since it was tredition. The one time you didn't hold it, everyone was confused and got mad. After what happened last year though with Iwa you just felt your stomach turn since there were probably some people like you who didn't like seeing their loved ones get injured. Yachi helped you get dressed and Yamaguchi was sorting out your bedroom. When you left you crossed paths with Kuroo and Bokuto who grinned. "Oya Oya?" Bokuto chimed.
"Oya Oya Oya? Princess is that you?"
"Yes~" you sang at their antics.
"How is it that you become more beautiful with every waking dawn?"
"We will never know." They both started acting dramatically causing you to giggle along with Yachi and Yamaguchi. "THERE'S THE SMILE!" Bokuto hugged you and Kuroo patted your head. "You two are so weird." You laughed. "You love that about us though." They sang in unison and they let you pass. Before you left Bokuto mentioned that he laid out your favourite breakfast in the dinning room. You thanked him and went to eat. Kuroo and Bokuto were very close friends of yours, even though they were servants. You loved the two of them but you kept your relationship with Iwa from them since they had big mouths.

You crosses paths with many other survants that greeted you and, after entering the dinning hall, Yamaguchi pulled out your chair and Yachi went through the schedule while you ate. However, the blonde lady in waiting paused when she noticed you staring out of the large castle windows that decorate one whole wall. The sun beams that cascaded into the room, causing the mahogany table to shine and ornaments to glisten, while bird chirped the morning song. You couldn't help but feel distant. It reminded you of the day you met Iwaizumi. You gave a heavy sigh and Yachi said she'd explain later while smiling.