3.

"This...is...insane." Iwaizumi said breathlessly when he stepped into the ball room of the castle. "Iwa-chan!" A familiar voice of a certain nobleman yelled and ran up to him. He was tackled into a hug. "Oikawa! Get off me." Iwa commanded and the brunette let go. "It's been quite a while." Oikawa grinned. "I was so excited when (y/n) told me she was inviting you." Iwa rolled his eyes and continued to speak with his old friend. Oikawa told him to stay with him since the ball was filled with elite people he didn't really know. After a few minutes, a orange haired male came through the door and blew into a trumpet. Everyone turned to him and he yelled. "I now present to you the King and Princess of our country!" You and your father walked through the door and everyone gave a small bow. "Thank you all for coming!" Your father spoke and gave a small speech. You pretend to listen as he went on but really you had your eyes on Iwaizumi. You were both in a bit of a trance even after your father was done talking. You quickly made your way over to him and Oikawa to greet them.

"Hello (y/n)~" Oikawa sang as you approached them. When you for there he took your hand and placed a small kiss on your knuckle. "You look lovely this evening."
"Thanks Oikawa. You look very charming today." You giggled and turned to Iwa. "The suit Akaashi gave you looks great on you." You smiled and he gave a small bow. "You're too kind princess. And Oikawa you seriously need to stop flirting with every girl you see."
"Shut up! (Y/n) doesn't mind."
"I do mind. Be charming but stop flirting with me!" Oikawa just stood there all gloomy for a while.

You continued to talk to them for a while when Iwa remember something. "Princess, I forgot to tell you, I made you some of your favourite cake. It should be at the table."
"Really?!" You gleamed and your eyes started sparking. He chuckled and pointed at the long table covered in food. "Yeah. It's somewhere near the end."

Just as you were about to get some of your favorite treat your dad called you over to talk to some other nobles. The only one you didn't mind talking to what Kageyama and Oikawa but Kageyama left a bit earlier to yell at Hinata. You went over and Oikawa and Iwaizumi watched the sad look form on your face. They continued to talk and occasionally saw you trying to get to the table to grab a slice of the cake but was always dragged away. "I guess her life isn't easy." Oikawa chuckled.
"Well obviously. She's a princess. She was a ton of work to do. Then again you don't know what work is."
"You're so mean!" Oikawa whined. Iwaizumi smiled and took a sip from his glass but then saw that the cake was actually disappearing at a fast rate. He even noticed people coming back for seconds. "Poor (y/n), she might not be able to have some." Oikawa pouted and Iwa stared at the cake.
"Come on." He said and dragged him to the table.

You finally got a break from talking to people with your father and you made an excuse to leave and roamed around for a while. You were kind of upset since when you did get to the table there was no more cake. You were alone in the hall way when someone called you name. "(Y/n)!" You turned to see Oikawa and Iwaizumi jogging up to you. "Oh hey you two. Why aren't you in the hall?"
"We came looking for you." Iwa said and gave you a smile. "Why do you look upset?" They both asked when they saw your pouting face. "There was no more cake. I've been stress all week and I just wanted a bit."
"Well there's no point in wonder the hall way aimlessly. Come on." Oikawa laughed and turned to walk back. Iwa gestured to you to follow and took you back to the hall. When you got in there were a few people dancing to the music being played by the orchestra in the corner. You all stared and Oikawa held his hand out. "Care to dance princess."
"Stop."
"As friends." He pouted and you sighed in defeat before taking his hand. He pulled you onto the dance floor and you both danced in time with the music. Iwa watch from the side and smiled at you. The only reason he didn't ask you was because he couldn't dance and he didn't want to embarrass you.

Iwa couldn't help but feel a bit jealous. You couldn't blame him since Oikawa was unaware of you and him being together. There was no reason for him to not flirt with you or to try and make a move. Oikawa twirled your around and did a dip at the end just as the music piece came to an end. People around you were clapping at the performance. "Sir Oikawa and the princess look so good together don't they?" A few nobles started chatting about near Iwa and he turned to look at you and saw you smiling and laughing with Oikawa. He hid his emotions well but inside he was growling. "He would make a great king."
"He would, wouldn't he."
"He is an excellent fighter. He's elegant and devoted."
"Not to mention smart."
"He's got the looks too."

The ball was over and your father asked Iwa's family to stay behind. He thanked them for their help and said they could stay for a while if they wanted. Iwa's mum wanted to see the garden. You lead them there and Iwa's mum was admiring the roses with his father. Iwa started wondering off and looked at the variety of plants and decorations in the large garden. He stumbled across a small bridge over a stream and a coble stone stair case at the end. The stairs took him down to the stream which had all manner of fish swimming around. There were a few water lilies floating on the surface too.

"What's wrong?" Iwaizumi turned to see you walking down the stairs towards him. He stood up straight and turned to you with a sheer expression. "Nothing." He stuffed his hands into his pocket and you smirk. "You're lying. You always hide your hands when you do." You smiled sweetly at him. He looked down at his pockets and quickly placed his arms at his sides with a small embarrassed blush. "Don't laugh." You gave a small giggle and walked up to him to cup his cheek. "Come on. What's wrong?"
"Many of the nobles were saying that Oikawa would make your ideal husband and king of the country when you were dancing. Since we are close friends it almost felt like betrayal."

Just as you were about to say something, music started to play in the distance. The room where the ball took place was quite close to where the two of you stood and it seemed like your father had asked the orchestra to play another song for him. The hand cupping his cheek slipped to lightly grasp his shoulder and the other one slowly entwined it's fingers with his. He looked at you confused and his eyebrows knitted together. "What are you doing?" He asked plainly and you sighed. "Dance with me."
"But I can't dance."
"Then I'll lead you." You placed his hand on your hip and slowly pulled him into a dance.

It was peaceful and you smiled at the half panick half irritated look on Iwa's face as he tried to get the footing right. Eventually he got it and the dancing was a lot more smooth and constant. You were both enjoying it when Iwa did a little spin with you before dipping you low. You both stayed in that position. Your eyes fixed on each other, watching and taking in all the detail. Iwa pulled you up at a very steady rate and held you against his chest. He removed the hand holding yours and grabbed the back of your head. He leaned in slowly and his lips met your. He gently kissed you in a sweet way. The taste of his lips lingered on your own when he pulled away and your heart beat faster with a pink hue over your cheek. "Feel better now?" You asked and he nodded before hugging you. "Yes. Thank you."

You stayed like that for a while when you could hear Iwaizumi's parents calling for the two of you. You made your way back up and said that Iwa just wanted to see the fish. "Thank you for inviting us here today princess but I think we've overstayed our welcome." His dad said politely.
"Yes we should be heading back now." His mum contributed. You nodded and said that you'd get Tanaka to drop them off. You left for the stables and all of them bid you goodbye. Him and his father bowed and his mother curtsied. "I hope you have a safe trip!" You waved and they waved from the carriage.

You sighed and made your way back to your room with a slightly slouched back. You ran into Hinata and Bokuto who were walking around the castle half drunk. Hinata was crying because Kageyama was being mean to him, again. You chatted with the two for a while and asked Kuroo and Akaashi, who happened to be walking past, to help the two hardly sober men get to their rooms.

You smiled and walked back to your room. Since you gave Yachi a day off you had to get out of your dress yourself which proved to be quite the hassle. After a long struggle you managed to get out and gave a heavy sigh of relief. You stretched your arms to let out the pressure and was greeted by a few cracking noises. You gave out a huge yawn and went over to the mirror while still in your underwear. You proceeded to remove your make up and undo your hair when something in the mirror caught your attention. You saw a silver plater resting on the draws located in the corner of your room. You let your hair down before walking over to the pallet. You gently grabbed the handle placed on top of the cover and lifted it to find a piece of cake that you missed out on during the ball. You stared in confusion before picking up the folded note on the side of the plate. Scribbled on the inside was a message in scruffy handwriting. "The cake was going quick so I thought I should reserve you a piece. I made it for you after all.
Iwaizumi.
PS: Did I pick the right fork?"

You giggled at the last part and smiled down at the plate before picking up the fork. You laughed as the image of Iwaizumi spending ages with a priceless look on his face just standing in front of the fork variety. It seemed to pay off though since he did pick the right one. You took a small bite out of the slice and it filled your mouth with delight at the sweet taste. You saved the rest for later. After you finished getting change you took the cake and sat on the balcony.
Too cute.
You thought and stared off into the lights of the rustic city.