Chapter XIII

Livia

I definitely didn't miss being on a plane for sixteen hours, that's for sure. Valak and I left together with a few of his guards who were sworn to secrecy. We were only eight hours into the flight, and I was already feeling the effects of jetlag.

After two hours, I started getting pretty uncomfortable. I couldn't sit still in my chair for longer than a few minutes. I managed to fall asleep for two hours, after that nap, I had been wide awake for four hours straight.

Valak, on the other hand, was on his laptop for the first few hours doing business. We talked quite a bit, but we were interrupted by a phone call that has now lasted almost two hours.

I sat uncomfortably in the once comfy chair trying to focus on my book. The plane was fairly quiet, the two guards only spoke to one another occasionally, they never even spared me a glance.

The door to the separate room on the plane opened. Valak stepped out of the room, his face was void of emotion, but I could see the pinch of anger he tried holding back.

"Did the call not go well?" I asked once he sat beside me.

He didn't answer, instead he stared out the window with one of his knuckles between his teeth. I pursed my lips and decided not to push him any further.

I nearly jumped out of my skin when Valak's large hand enveloped mine. He brought my knuckles to his lips and kissed them softly.

"Everything is fine, love." I frowned, he sounded like he was trying to convince him more than me.

"Something's wrong, what is it?" I asked and turned a little more towards him.

"You should rest--"

"Valak." I pleaded. His dark, hardened eyes softened the slightest bit.

My mouth went dry when his lips lifted to a rare grin showing his perfect, straight teeth, "Vampire problems," he chuckled. The dimple in his right cheek was enough to distract me in that moment. His smile is both sexy and adorable.

When his grin fell, I noticed how stiff he seemed.

"You seem tense." I said.

"I'm always tense."

"Lower your seat."

Valak cocked a brow, but did so without verbal questioning. I stood from my seat and walked behind his.

"Darling, you don't have to--ahhh." He groaned when my hands began massaging his shoulders. His groans were music to my ears and I couldn't help but want to hear more of them. His hard body was so firm under my grasp.

I massaged his tense muscles, my fingers worked to undo the knots in his thick muscles.

"Acest lucru este atât de bun, miere de albine." He praised in romanian. My chest swelled at his compliment.

"Părăsi." Valak spoke sternly, his voice cold. The two guards stood and went into the other room at his command.

I furrowed my brows, "Why did you make them leave?"

"Because no one is allowed to witness what I'm about to do to you." he said lowly.

The air was knocked out of my lungs when my back hit a comfy chair. Valak hovered over my body in an instant.

"You need to stop thinking so loud, love." He said as he began placing kisses just below my ear. A small sigh left my lips and he moved to my jaw, then down my neck.

As his kisses grew more agressive, his hands wandered more of my body. One of my hands laced themselves in his hair, while the other gripped his dress shirt.