Chapter VII

Valak

Linking my mind to my trusted right hand, I made a harsh demand, Unchain me. 

Orcus entered my bedroom within thirty seconds. His eyes searched mine for uncertainty.

"I'm in control now." I said. He nodded seeing that my eyes were no longer blackened. 

Silently, he took a key from his suit pocket and unlinked my wrists from the strong chains. Once they were removed I took a deep breath. I looked into my best mate's eyes and nodded in appreciation.

"Thank you." I said. He nodded again and stuff his hands in his pockets.

I ran my fingers through my unruly hair, and sat on my bed,"How long was I out?"

"Two days." Orcus shrugged.

Although the demon had taken over, I still remembered most of my actions. Like having almost took Livia against her will. I squeezed my eyes shut at the brutal memory.

"Fuck," I grunted under my breath, "Is she alright?"

Orcus sent a sad smile, "Lilith has been making regular checkups on her. She was shaken up at first, but she's back to her... normal self."

"Normal as in completely ignoring anyone's presence?" I asked. Orcus nodded. Although I felt slightly relieved that she wasn't an emotional mess, it pained me knowing that I had broken whatever we had.

"Lilith went out and purchased groceries for Livia's suite. I believe she's taking a liking to your little mate."

An involuntary growl left my chest at his words. It surprised both Orcus and me.

Orcus let out a light chuckle, "I was referring to friendship."

I shook my head, "I knew that."

"I need to shower, her scent still lingers on me." I said the last part more to myself.

Even the little whiff of Livia that remained attached me drove my senses mad. Every cell in my body wanted nothing more than to be at her side.

"Selena is here. She felt a disturbance in your arua and decided you needed her duties of relief."

I ran a hand down my face tiredly, "Send her in in an hour."

"I'll be in your office." Orcus said with his hands behind his back. Just as he opened my bedroom door, he spoke again, "Once you're fully intact, you should visit her. Every mate, even those rejecting, craves their other half's being." 

He left without another word before I could respond. 

After showering, and a half hour of contemplating, Selena entered my bedroom. 

"Pleasure to see you, Sire." She mocked. 

I let my eyes scan her tempting body. As usual, she wore a tight, short dress, pair with a long flowy cardigan. Her black hair was pin straight just like her eye liner. 

"What do you want?" I grunted. 

She furrowed her eyebrows in fake confusion, "I only want to relieve you of your stress." 

"Selena, I don't have time for this." Usually, I was up for what she wanted anytime any place, but I didn't feel in the mood at the moment.

"I can feel your beast emerging, don't you want me to submerge it?"

Of course, she'd find any way to help submerge me, "I am not in the proper mindset for what you're proposing. I'd like you to submerge me without any needless contact."