chapter 4

I woke up and saw I was still in my clothes from yesterday. I looked and saw Blake sleeping soundly. He had a small smile, I wonder what his dreaming about. I stood up an went to take a quick shower and got quick dressed. I walked out and saw Blake, looking hungover, he had a sheepish smirk that was so cute with his messy morning hair as he stood with his towel on his shoulders. “Morning,"I said a little too cheerful. “Morning,"he said with a deep sexy morning voice. Omg. He walked into the bathroom and all I heard was the shower water. I looked myself in the mirror brushing my hair that was in natural wavy curls. I breathed out then after a while my eyes widened as Blake walked out with just the white towel around his waist low so I could see his rock hard looking abbs and his v-line. He grabbed his clothes and saw me staring in the reflection. “Take a picture , it lasts longer you know,"he smirked as I blushed like crazy. “I-i should go meet Emily,"I stuttered,kinda hard not to look at his abbs though. “Go ahead. Damn, I have such a headache,you helped me last night didn't you?'he asked. I nodded. He walked close as my heart froze. I felt the heat radiating off him. He looked even cuter with his wet hair. “I didn't do or say anything weird did I?"he asked. “Nope. I'll see you, Blakey,"I grinned, he looked at me confused as I walked out but trapped on something soft. A bunch of roses. I picked it up then heard Blake came out dressed quickly. “Hey you know the campus isn't meant to be explored on one place,"he said.“Do you know who gave this to me?"I asked. “I dont know. Theres a card,",Blake said. I handed the roses to Blake to keep and checked the note.
Hey beautiful. Sorry about last night, I was wondering if we could start over. Maybe go on a real date. What do you say?
- S
“Sage,"I rolled my eyes. “Sage gave you these?"Blake asked. I nodded. Blake then threw the flowers in the bin outside the dorm room. “And this too please, "I smirked showing him the card. “You have arms and legs. Use them," Blake grinned. I Frowned walking to the bin and throwing it in .I felt sick, probably from that one drink I had last night. I leaned against the wall as Blake looked at me. “Feeling okay?"he asked leaning next to me.“Just feeling a little under the weather. What about you?"I asked softly so his head wouldn't hurt that much. “A terrible headache, hangovers suck,I've been threw worst ones,"Blake said. “I think I just wanna skip classes. Maybe take a walk on the beach,"i said. “Oh sounds like a plan,be right back,"he said going into the room. I didn't even ask him but I would like some company too.
Blake's (POV)
To the beach. I need to clear  my head too. I'll go with Jane. I mean its good to have someone around to discuss your problems with. “Lets go,"I smiled as she nodded as we walked down the steps toward the beach.
Jane's(POV)
“Wow its so beautiful here,"I smiled. “Its okay I guess,"Blake shrugged walking close next to me. “what? Seen better?"I smirked. “I actually have,"he smiled. “Really?"I asked. “Yeah, I've been to places after they sent me home from the mental institute. But I wasn't welcomed there anyway so before I went to live with Emily them, I went to places that I should really show you someday," Blake said. Someday. “But Jane..."he said. “Yes,"I said. “Would you come with me, even though you know what type of guy I am and what I did?"he asked pressing his lips together as he stood to face me. I traced the sand with my feet after I took my pumps off keeping it in my hand. “I would. I know your a nice guy Blake. You just got distant and very... Mean to all and you just wanted to be alone, and I know that you didn't want anyone to get involved with the pain and burden you felt so you often do self harm or throw things around. Or sometimes eventually loose it. I know you dont mean to take it out on people. But I was the same. My ex Ryder use to...uh...abuse me and force me to do things and- I felt disgusted with myself, I thought he loved me but its like he was bipolar, insane or something his moods change quick. I pretended with him that none of it happened and that I was in love with him. Even to my dad and mom. Then my mother saw the changes , I always looked so weak, tired, I cried a lot but she didn't know why and was already struggling with depression herself. So then one night she saw me cutting myself and she just stood crying. They took me to the hospital and we found out my mom died because of to much broken hearts, stress and worry she had about me. I never cried since she died. I was shocked, tired of the world. Hurt,"I said as a year escaped my cheek as Blake continued to listen in silence. “Uh.. So, my dad thought it would be a good idea to send me here, where my parents met actually, "I said. “Your parents met here?" Blake asked with a smile. “yeah. So, its to be away from Ryder and the house. I've never had friends back at my school,I'm glad I made friends here,"I smirked. “Especially with me right?"Blake grinned. “Oh definetly you,"I played along as we laughed. “Im sorry I tried giving you a rough time. Can't you block your ex?" Blake asked. “Yeah but than he would use other peoples phones to get through to me asking where am I,"I said feeling scared that he would find me.
Blake's (POV)
After she told me about when her and Ryder were together, how he treated her. And her mother dying because Jane was looking depressed, cried a lot .Jane must of felt true pain, an so scared of him and that she couldnt tell the truth about what he did to her. My insides are boiling, why? how? could he hurt Jane like that. “Do you know when I was a kid, since I was born I was never taught the word love. I didn't know what it was, until one night my dad was secretly cheating on my mother, he brang another girl into our house. He said he loved her. Then he brought another one the next day, when my mom wasn't around and at that moment, I started treating girls the same all my life from 13 years old until I met violet , I asked her give your definition of love, then she just laughed and kissed me. Then she says that's my definition. I mean, I actually started to feel things, it felt like my heart was coming back to life slowly. And if I say this dont feel weird or make this awkward but I felt it more with you, my heart would race when I'm around you,"he explained. “Is it racing now,"she smiled. “You have no idea, how fast its going,"i smiled. Our eyes locked for a second then she walked across the sand. I smiled at her, she looked so free here away from her troubles. I actually want to take her far away from this place. We both living lives of regret. “Are you coming or just gonna watch me weirdo,"she said as I snapped out of my daydream, I forgot I was still staring. “Come on, "she smiled. I walked next to her as we went further down the beach. “Hey, wanna go for a swim?" I asked.
Jane's (POV)
Blake asked me if I wanted to go for a swim. “I dont know,"I shrugged but he was already taking off his shirt an his jeans and had a beach swimming shorts under. He gave me a cute smile  and a salute before diving in the water.Then he never came back up. “Blake?"I asked. No answer. “Blake!"I yelled , luckily I had my shorts on and a sleeveless top so it won't be heavy to swim in. I ran into the water and got by the shallow part. I held my breath and went in. I saw nothing. Surprising, this water was so clear but my eyes started to burn. I couldn't find him. I came back up looking around frantically. “Blake!"I yelled then I felt hands around my waist lifting me up. I shrieked and fell into Blake's arms as he laughed. He held me up by my waist as I hit him. “Dont scare me like that,"I said. “Awwww were you afraid that I got hurt, or died,"Blake said. “Dont joke about that,"I said. He smiled, his blue eyes sparkled like the water, the same shocking blue colour. “Uh. Can you please let me go? " I asked blushing as he held my waist lifting me still high up with my arms around his neck. “Never,"he grinned. Then he slid me down, pulling me close, our lips almost touched. “Blake....,"I said looking down. Blake touched my chin as I looked up. “Yes Jane," he said softly. “We are friends right?"I asked. “Of course we are, why?"he asked. “Its just..,"I said then I heard Emily's voice as the others came splashing in the water toward us. “Whoa what do we have hear?"Derek laughed splashing both of us as Blake splashed back. “Dont be weird,"Blake laughed after Jason whispered something after derek did too to blake. I swam next Emily. “Jane oh my gosh. I saw how he held you, you two were so close, he didn't do anything did he, did you?"she asked excited. “No, nothing Emily,"I sighed. “Are you okay?"Emily asked noticing the sad tone in my voice. “Yeah, just fine,"I smiled. Emily eyed me. I looked at Blake, him and the other guys were splashing each other with water and pushing each other laughing. Blake smiled at me,but then it turned to confusion.He swam toward me. “Hey, are you okay?you wanted to tell me something earlier,"Blake said as Emily gave us privacy. By Emily and I, The water goes up to our necks but for them by there chest. “Blake, it really doesn't matter,"I laughed and pushed him but he pulled me with in the water. I was underwater, so was he as we opened our eyes and looked at each other, Blake pulled a funny face, I couldn't help but do the same as he grinned then he pointed to the top so we should both get to the surface. I nodded then we both swam up. I breathed the fresh air, then when I realized Blake wasn't up again, I just knew what he was gonna do. He grabbed me as I laughed.“Got you again,"he grinned. My forehead against his and my arms around his neck.
Blake's (POV)
I grabbed jane again like earlier as she laughed wrapping her arms around my neck as I pressed my forehead against hers. “Jane, what did you want to tell me, please dont hide it away,"I said. She let out a sigh then blushed, her cheeks were so red, I wondered why then I realized my hands were on her bare skin on the sides of her waist that slid up by accident as the others whistled. “Uh,"I said as I laughed nervously as I let her down. “Dont be shy now,"Derek yelled as Emily slapped him as they laughed. “Perve,"Jason laughed at Derek. I looked back at Jane, and she wasn't there. I looked around franticly. “Jane,"I said, I wanted to check and water but then I heard her laugh as she jumped on my back. I laughed. “Damn you are light,"I laughed.“But I still got you,"she smirked as she jumped down and swam toward Emily them smiling back at me as I smiled.
Emily's (POV).
I saw how my cousin kept Jane, then again the second time. Omg. I was laughing non stop. It was so cute. Then the guys started whistling, urg they ruined there moment, I can see Blake likes her, but I dont know about Jane. I slapped Derek as he said something idiotic at jane and blake,as they laughed then saw Jane jump on Blake's back playfully as Blake laughed. They said something to each other then she jumped off and swam toward me looking back at Blake who had a big smile. Its really amazing to see him smiling again. “Hey,"I smiled at Jane. “Hey Emily, " she smiled. “So what happened back there,"I laughed as she looked nervous. “We were just joking around,"she said splashing me as I dodged it but it ended up splashing at Derek. “Oh its on,"Derek and the others said. I pulled blake to  use as a shield for us. “Jane asked you to be our protection,"I grinned as she blushed. “Always,"Blake said dramatically wrapping his arms around both of us as we laughed as the water splashed against him. “No fair Blake,"Isaac said. Blake let go, but his arms still around us, his arm pulled Jane close as I smiled at how cute it was. “Im pretty sure its fair,"Blake grinned. Isaac and derek looked confused as I slapped my forehead to how stupid they were to not know what Blake means. “Mates, blake is right, he means that we are three here, they are three there. Dimwits,"Jason said slapping both of them behind there heads as they rubbed it with a frown.
Janes (POV)
I laughed at what Jason called them as Emily laughed. Blake held me tight, it felt good to feel, like really protected. Blake's makes you feel protected just by putting his arm around you or hugging you. I looked at him as he smiled with a wink. We all ended up splashing each other, it was a lot of fun. It got near sunset. “We should go to the big rock over there to watch the sunset,"Emily pointed. “Ive always wanted to,"I smiled. “Then let's go,"Blake smirked as we all got out the water and walked toward the huge rock that had a flat surface where we could walk and sit on. Isaac helped
Isaac helped us up the rock , us I mean me and Emily. I saw the view of The sea. I smiled then sat with the others on the edge. “This is incredible,"I said as they all looked at me. “Yeah. But just wait until the sunset,"Derek said with a smirk. “Champaign anyone?"Jason asked taking red solo cups out his bag and a bottle of champaign an expensive one. “Yeah,"we all cheered. “You are full of surprises,"Emily laughed as Jason did a bow and gave us our glasses of champaign in. I hesitated. “You really haven't drank before?"Blake asked sitting next to me. “No. Only last night but that made me feel funny this morning,"I said. “it was your first time that's why,"Blake said with a laugh. I bit my lip looking at it. “Jane. One drink won't hurt,"Blake pinched my cheek. “You totally right,"I laughed. “Count down people,10......9.....8.....7......6.....5......4," jason yelled as we all counted. “3.....,"Blake said. “2.....,"I said. “1!"we all yelled as we saw the orange sun set, the sky turned a orange and pink colour,I laughed as they all cheered and we all all said cheers as we clinged our cups together and drank. I wish this night would never end. “This is the best thing that very happened to me,"I smiled. “This is gonna be one of the best things, there plenty more coming. An Jane...by the way, ",Blake said touching my cheek as we locked eyes. “Yeah," I said. “You're the best thing that ever happened to me, I never want to loose you,"he said and kissed my forehead as I smiled and a tear ran down my cheek. “Why are you crying?"he asked with a laugh as he wiped my tears. “Im really glad I have friends like you guys,"I said. “Awwww,"the others said after I said it loud enough for them to hear. “Any time love,"Jason smiled as they all smiled at me. It felt too good to be true. But the way Blake's acting, it gives we are more than friends vibe. “Besides, Blake is really glad to be friends with you....... Extremely glaaaaad,"Derek grinned. “Derek, shut up,"Emily laughed. Blake started to blush as he looked at the sunset and at me. I looked at him, then his eyes drifted to my lips as he bit his lip. I started to blush as I felt butterflies and my heart beated so fast. “What are you all doing out here, go back to your dorms immediately,"One of the teachers there said walking pass. We all stood up quick and went down to climb off the rock. “Hey Jane, derek told me about last night how you punched Sage because he was trying to you know. He didn't do anything else did he, because we can sort him out for you,"Blake said. “No no no, its okay now,"I said then we saw sage and his friends, he make a kiss face for me then froze as he saw blake. “Are you sure,"Blake said through clenched teeth. “yeah I'm sure,"I said. “We can teach him a lesson Jane, just say the word and we will," Isaac said. “No, leave him. Its okay,"I said. “Hey asshole!"Blake yelled as I looked at him wide eyed and Jason them laughed. Sage actually looked. Blake showed him middle finger as I pulled him and the others laughed louder. Even sages friends laughed at sage then sage stormed away like a child who didn't get what he wanted. “Youre so bad,",Emily laughed. I laughed too as Blake just shrugged it off. “Damn you really couldn't control the urge to hit him could you, you just had to do or say something, I'm glad you didn't go crazy and hit him,"I said as Blake smirked at me looking excited,“You want me too, not  because I really want to or that I'm happy to, just a simple question." “No silly,"I smirked as he said,“Fine. Only  because you dont want me too I won't, " Blake said. “Blake will be a slave to you any day," derek joked. “Can I use it on him?"Blake cracked his knuckles. “Knock yourself out,"I laughed as derek ran away and Blake chased him with the others.
Emily and I laughed as we watched them.“Jane his gonna give me a freaking wedgie!please tell him to stop,"derek cried out as Jason and Isaac kept him laughing so hard. “Apologize first,"emily smirked as I grinned. “Okay, I'm sorry I'm so sorry,"derek said. “Okay, Blake, dont,"I said as Blake lifted his hands backing away as Jason and Isaac let go. “I hate you,"derek frowned at Blake. “Awww I love you too buddy,"Blake laughed hugging derek as he laughed pushing Blake away. We all said goodbye to each other and headed to our dorms. I went inside, Blake followed behind. I layed on my bed and checked my phone. “So did you read the book finished?"Blake asked laying next to me on my bed. “Yeah. It was a nice ending,"I smirked. “Mind if I read it?"he asked. “Sure,"I smiled with a laugh as he took it, I think he really wanted to read it since the beginning when he grabbed my book. He began reading still next to me. I looked at him, he was focused in the book. He looked at me then reached for his phone in his pocket. “Here make yourself useful, put your number in my phone,",he said then grinned as I laughed. I typed my number in and took his number.
I realized we both fell asleep, his still on my bed.he had my book on him and had his arm around me. I snuggled enjoying the warmth. Urg what's wrong with me, Jane stop making it weird, we are just friends, I tried moving away, I couldn't budge, he never budged just pulled me closer. I frowned then I heard him laugh. “Where do you think you're going?"he asked half asleep with his sleepy voice that makes my heart melt. “You know you fell asleep on my bed right?"I asked. Then he fell asleep again, me still in his arms. I smiled then closed my eyes, I could sleep easily next to him, usually I struggle since what happened in the past. I tried snuggling closer to his chest, I looked at him, a small smile spread across his face as he still kept me. I listened to his heart beat, it was a steady beat, the thing that made me smile is that our hearts were beating in sync. At the same pace. Then I drifted to sleep.