"Ah no. I am living with my sister these days."  I scratched the back of my head.

"Oh. So...um...are we still in? Can we go somewhere?" He asked motioning towards his car.

I know I was willing to go with him when he asked me out, but not now. I know, that it was too selfish of me to say yes when I knew I just wanted to take my mind off from Alarick. I used him, and that made me feel even pathetic. I gathered the jumbled up words in my mind, and released a sharp breath.

"Look Daniel. You're an amazing man and surely a very good friend but..."

"But?"

"But we can't be together." I blurted out. He creased his brows in confusion. He was surely thinking what made me change my mind so quick.

"Wha-"

"Yes. I hope you-"

"Hey hey listen!" He grabbed my arm shaking me a little so I would come out of my blabbering, "I think you got it wrong. I don't want to take you out on a date. I just wanted to talk about something."

"Talk about something? What?" Now it was my turn to crease my brows and look confuse. What was he talking about?

"I think we can go to that cafe over there." I glanced at the way he pointed and cringed so hard when I realized it was the same cafe where they sell croissants with ginger sauce. "I can explain everything."

"Uh sure." I nodded at him frantically.
We went inside the cafe and and took a seat in far corner.

"What is it?"

"Umm...its awkward." He looked around as if he had done something really embarrassing and now he's wishing that no one had seen him.

"Actually its about your sister." He said so fast that I almost missed it. And then it hit me.

"Made? What happened to her?!"

"No! Not Made. Its...its Ana...Anastasia." he was now looking everywhere but me and that made me even vexed.

"Ana? You want to talk about Ana?" I asked tipping my finger on table to gain his attention.

"Yes. Actually. She wanted me to talk to you." He paused, "We've been together for a few months now and we want to get married after her studies are complete. Ana think if she talks to Regina then there's no chance for us. She says that you're much sensible and will take the things better. You know what I am talking about?"

I was gawking at him like a frantic bull. Did he just say that he wants to marry Ana? Am I hearing right? A cold gush of wind passed over my face from nowhere when I realized that I had just been shot with a humongous ball of humilation. I was thinking of a date with him and there he was, wanting to talk about marrying my sister.

"You all right?" He shook my hand bringing me out of my embarrassing reverie.

"Ah yes! Thank god. Thats amazing." I paused momentarily, "I'll talk to Regina about this and don't worry, she'll not get paranoid. Ana just take her for granted."

"Really? Will you do something for us?" His face brightened with a sudden happiness that I almost forgot about my humilation and laughed at his enthusiasm.

"Yes. But wait a second." I narrowed my eyes a little, "that D. Oh my God. You're that D! She was talking about you!"

"I don't know what you're saying but yes she calls me sometimes D or Danny, Dan, and sometimes even Harpie. First time, I thought she was asking for a sharpie and you know what word she uses as an endearment? Harp. My little Harp. It sometimes feel so awkward."

"I like that Harpie though. Harpie the great Sharpie!" I laughed so unlady-like that I had to look around for people staring at me. And yes they were looking me like I was a lunatic.

"What will I get?" I asked tapping finger on my chin.

"So you want me to do something?" He arched his brow.

I chuckled a bit. "No. I was just joking around. I am not that selfish. Well, I'll talk to Regina about this."

His face lightened up again and he practically leaped out of the chair. I stood up too looking for some cockroach which might have been the  reason for him leaping out of the chair.

"Thanks. Thank you so much." He neared me and took me into a tight bear hug, "You're the best girl I've ever met." He quickly pulled away remembering something, "Ah...of course after Ana."

*

*

*

*

*

Okay. BAD NEWS.

There aren't much chapters left. Only a few.

And GOOD NEWS.

Two days ago we were at rank 9 in Romace and today I finally got 1 MILLION READS!

18/2/2017.

BEST DAY OF MY LA-A-IFE! MY LA-A-A-A-A-A-A-IFE!

YES!! WE FINALLY DID IT. THANK YOU SO SO MUCH PEOPLE. ITS ALL BECAUSE OF YOU. IT WOULD'VE NEVER BEEN POSSIBLE WITHOUT YOU. LOVE YOU FOR THIS.

-Shanza💙💙💙