C H A P T E R 43

AMELIA'S P.O.V

The most traumatizing task to do in this world is find a little peace. People fritter their whole life away in finding it, and then at last they get it, but unfortunately by that time, they are buried six feet under the ground while some don't even find it after reaching their demise.

However some are lucky. They are fortunate enough to find it while they are still viable. Some find peace in soothing melodies, while standing in the middle of magical hills and watching the ball of fire setting in, in solitude and sometimes even in cluster of people.

But I found my peace in just a man. A man who was there with me when no one else was. A man who brought me out of my past all the while being a part of it. A person who took away my worst nightmares, leaving me fantasizing about him all day long. And that man is none other than my love, my Alarick.

I gazed at him as he snored lightly. His chest moving up and down with his steady breaths. My hand reached out to trace his features and that was the moment, I realized that he wasn't that perfect. His nose was pointy but had a slight tilt in the bone. There were three little stitches below his chin covered by his light stubble. Dark circles surrounded his eyes like black clouds showing the result of multiple nights he spent sitting in his office in front of laptop. But of course these flaws were only visible when you were this close to him. This close, where you are sharing the same air.

People are lonely. They want someone to stand by their side and provide them a shoulder to cry on. Everyday you come to know a number of people. Its really hard to find the way to get closer to them to a point where you can see their flaws clearly, or get closer to them to a point where they present themselves to you as an open book. But the thing that's necessary, is to find some way. When you find a way to relieve them, the same time you find a way to relieve yourself. Relieve yourself from all that sorrow which you had buried deep inside a long time ago.

My fingers scraped against his light stubble and he stirred in his sleep bringing me even closer to him. This all seems so right. Me in his arms. So good, so right.

His eyes fluttered a bit and he opened them fully smiling at me.

Finally, I found the very first morning person in my life.

"Good morning." I whispered running my hands slowly through his thick hair. He closed his eyes for a moment leaning into me and taking a deep breath.

"Morning." He mumbled against my skin and tingles ran along all the way from my core to the back of my head.

We stayed like that for a few minutes when I felt his hand move. He began caressing my sides all the while descending towards my lower abdomen.

"Alarick."

"Yes?" He mumbled in my hair like he was doing nothing being the innocent monkey he is.

"You just woke up." I stated the obvious shivering under his touch. He hummed, his hands not stopping for once.

"What do they do?" I asked creasing my brows a little.

"Who?" He shuffled closer to me. My body relaxed in his grip and I sighed. I don't want this moment to ever end.

"People. When they wake up together, what do they do?", I asked again. A question which was always on my mind. Alarick looked up at me and stared at me for a minute as if in deep thoughts. Then a smile crept on his lips and he shook his head. His gesture confirmed, telling me whatever he was thinking was just a worthless thought and nothing else.

"They shower." He chuckled and in one swift motion he got up with me in his arms. He adjusted me in bridal style and practically leaped out of the bed.