C H A P T E R 23

AMELIA'S P.O.V

"What do you mean?" I asked Isaac creasing my brows a little.

"She acts like this every time we board the plane and our stupid of a boss thinks she is afraid of heights." Isaac said keeping his voice low as if he couldn't hear. I can bet Alarick's got ears that can hear heartbeats from miles away.

"Shut up, Isaac." Alarick muttered as he continued typing on his laptop.

Told ya!

I decided to take a nap so I threw my shoes away and curled up on my seat. I closed my eyes and begin counting. Why? Because it always helps.

'1000...1001...1002..'

Shit. I can't sleep.

I opened my eyes and saw Isaac slumped back into his seat with his hand on his forehead and staring at me.

"Bored?" I asked him.

"Bored."

I looked at Alarick who was furiously typing on his laptop.

Still typing?!

An idea popped into my devilish mind as always.

"Let me entertain you, Mr. Brett." I said in a teasing voice.

"And how will you entertain me?" He asked raising his brow.

"I'll sing you a song of your choice." I said wiggling my brows.

"NO!" My head snapped towards Alarick who was now looking right at me.

"Why?" Isaac asked.

"If you want to lose year hearing then you could surely listen to her beautiful and soothing voice!" He said looking at me. Sarcasm dripping in his tone.

"Um...her voice isn't that bad, right? Come on sing Titanium." Isaac said with amusement in his voice,

"Woohooo!" I bellowed as I stuck my tongue out at Alarick and earned a glare from him.

I cleared my throat and began singing. I heard few grunts from Alarick's way but I kept my gaze at Isaac who was looking at me with his eyes popping out of his sockets.

"You shoot me dowwnnn but I won't fall,

I am titaaannniiuummm!

Like titaniuuuummmmm" I ended my song and smiled at Isaac who was still looking at me as if I had grown two heads.

"Isaac?" I called out and he shook his head. He brought his hand to his ear and rubbed it.

"Wow." His eyes were still sticking out of his sockets.

"Thanks!" I said sheepishly.

"Holyshit. You are one hell of a bad singer." He said as he burst out into laughing. I pouted my lips at him.

"Shut up." I groaned but he kept laughing like a lunatic.

"Get me Advil." Alarick said angrily and Isaac stood up. Reaching into a drawer he pulled a bottle of Advil and handed him two pills.

He took them and downed it all the while looking at me fiercely.

"Bleh." I muttered as I leaned back into my seat.

***

After almost four hours of blabbering, groaning, glaring, rolling eyes and napping, we were out of the plane.

The cold air of Athens hit me and I regretted not bringing my jacket with me. It was all too familiar. It felt like I never left this place.

"Welcome to Greece." Isaac said as he placed his hand on my back and pushed me forward.

Layla and Alarick were again nowhere.

After getting luggage, I waited inside the car for Alarick. It had already been half an hour and I was getting irritated. I hate when people make me wait. I decided to call Regina.

"Hello?" I heard Regina on the other side.

"Hey It's me Amelia." I chirped.

"I know. How was the journey?"

"It was fine. How's Madeleine doing?"

"She's doing great but she misses you."

"She's in school right?" I saw Alarick opened the door and got in.

"Yeah. She will be here in an hour."

"Um...okay. Regina I'll call you later?"

"Oh sure."

I hung up.

"You know making a lady wait makes you an ill-mannered...biscuit." I seethed.

Thank God I didn't say Bastard.

He just huffed rolling his eyes at me.

"Where are we going?" I asked getting bored.

He didn't answer.

"I want to visit Acropolis museum."

No response.

I faced him tilting my head a little.

"What's with you and ignoring me?" I asked shaking my head.

"Can you please keep quiet for a while?" He said rubbing his temples.

"I-"

"Please?" He said again.

Come on. I was just worried.

I started again, "You-"

"Amelia."

And here I am sitting with my mouth zipped up.

Wait.

Did he just call me by my first name? For a very first time since I ever met him?

It feels so adorable to hear my name rolling out of his mouth.

Whoa!

"Drive straight to the residence." He said to the driver.

I examined his appearance. He looked worn out. His sleeves were rolled up and his tie was loosened. His hair looked like hands have been passed through them plenty of times. They way he is rubbing his temples and the expression on his face shows that he is completely totally and utterly worn out and will break everything in his way. Even if they are bones.

I slid back into my place and looked out of the windows. I remember everything here. All the shops, streets, buildings. Everything.

I remember wandering through these streets finding jobs so that my father won't beat me all night for being useless. I always thought that fathers are the protectors. They will do anything to protect you. But the day my father slapped me, I lost my trust on protection. I lost my trust on everyone. There's no one who will lay their life for you.

Each and every man that came into my life used me, hurt me and then threw me like a tissue paper but my father decided to use me as something else. So he made me a tissue paper that he would recycle every other day.

Trust no one.

*

*

*

*

*

TODAY'S QUESTION

Umm...how do you like your bagels? :D

BOO!

VOTE AND COMMENT.

BYE BYE.