C H A P T E R 6

AMELIA'S POV

I groaned as I woke up with the loud ringing of my phone. I must change the ringtone. It's seriously banging my head!

I received the call.

"For god sake! It's just six in the morning!" I almost shouted but restrained myself.

"Miss. Primrose?" the girl on the other side asked.

"Yes?" I frowned and sat up. I think I should learn how to lower my voice but that won't help anyway, because I know how much of a morning person I am.

Plus its not proper morning yet. Even the sun is sleepy!

"This is Bianca Moore, from Knight Industries. Miss. Primrose, you have been selected for the post of interior designer in the company. You will start from today and please reach the building sharp at 7:00 am. Good day." And she hung up, but I was still there lying awkwardly on my bed with phone against my ear and eyes wide as saucers.

Have I just been hired?

Hired?!

I quickly stood up on my bed and squealed loudly. I will just let her insolence slip for hanging up on me, because I got a job! No more boring days!

"At last!" I sighed loudly and started doing famous jump dance on my bed laughing like a maniac. This is the best thing. Freedom.

Sometimes, when this word, freedom, comes into my mind, it does nothing good other than making my mind fall into melancholy. There was a time, when I ached for freedom. I always wanted to jump on bed with my bestfriend. Why? Because that's what normal kids did when they were happy, but I knew I wasn't allowed to be a normal kid and have a normal life. So now, when I've no scary father who would beat me for jumping, behind my back or anywhere near me, then I find every single moment where I can do this.

I jumped down and left my room still doing my dance and reached the living room, but then I noticed something in the window.

A figure standing behind one of the large window with one hand on the window sill and other in his pockets.

Alarick.

That creepy bastard! Tryin' to look adorable? Adorable my poo!

I quickly ran towards the window and pulled in the curtains, just before realizing that he must be watching me the whole time. Awh mayn...

"He didn't see me. He didn't see me." I assured myself. That would be so embarrassing!

I wanted to make myself some pancakes but sticked to cereal otherwise I would get late. Mourning for the pancakes with strawberries and nutella because I started hating whipped cream when I came to know about one of its most important use and finding it disgusting, I grabbed my phone.

I called Jeff, the taxi driver to pick me, since I can't bother to stand out of the building with my thumb in the air for hours, so that someone will notice me.

I walked into the bathroom and after taking a quick shower, I came out. Going through my small wardrobe which consists of few drawers of clothes, I selected a simple white dress with brown belt since I don't have those classy skirts and blouses. I really need to buy them.

And those heels because the ones I owned sometime ago, were abandoned at my dad's house with everything that belonged to him or his money. But little did I know that my poor soul was his captive the day I was born. And the worst part is, he torn it in every way possible.

I quickly dried my hair and putting on some lip gloss and mascara, I tied my hair into a side braid.

I groaned out loud when I realized, I don't even have simple sandals or something which can go with this dress. I crouched down in front of the cupboard to see if there was something in the corner or if I am officially doomed. I can't wear sneakers to some lavish workplace. I am not that dumb. I finally found some old brown sandals and wasting no time, I put them on making a mental note of buying heels after work.