"What-"

"Shush." He sprinted towards the bathroom grinning like a little child. A child who was at last going to get that candy at which he had been gawking at for a long time.

And well, yes. It happened. We did took a shower together. It was really awkward and I came to know that its not only shower that people do when they wake up together.

*

*

*

I sipped my nerve soothing chamomile tea as Alarick kept grumbling on phone and occasionally yelling too.

"I don't give a flying fuck about what Harper wants! I need that to be done by you. Got it? And wait. I am on my way." He disconnected and stood up buttoning his suit jacket.

"Where are you going?" Although the name Harper had intruiged me and at the same time scared me by reminding me the promise I made a few days ago but I still acted normal.

"Just work."

"Oh. Um...where's Dwayne? Its been a while since I last saw him." I said tracing rim of the cup.

I heard him breathing heavily which caused me to to look up.

"What is it?" He was definately keeping something from me, "where's Dwayne?"

He looked up at me for a while and then released a staggered breath.

"Nina. She took him with her. She finally realized that she had a child. She came here days ago and took Dwayne with her." He paused for a moment and then smiled, "You know what, that day I realized something. I realized that my life isn't perfect at all. And when they say that money can't buy happiness, they say the truth. I lost everything that day. My sister, Dwayne, mom was never mine....and you. I even lost you. I thought this is the end. Nothing's left but it was you. Only you, who never lets me give up...there was always something about you...that even if I wanted to give up, I could never do it."

I couldn't say anything to this. I had no words but that made me light enough knowing that he knows nothing's perfect in this world.

"Anyways, I don't think I'll be back home, soon. You can stay here, but if you want, then I can drop you off at Asher's." He said slipping his phone in his pant pockets.

"Oh no. Its alright. I'll manage. I don't want you to get late." I smiled gulping the whole juice down.

"No. I can-"

"Its alright!" I interuppted before he goes all possessive and over concerned about me.

"Are you sure?"

I stood up and pecked him on lips, "Yes. Now go!"

"Yes my woman!" He chuckled and went out of the house leaving me in the solitude of a hauntingly peaceful house. I wasn't planning on staying here anymore since Alarick wasn't here. Plus I didn't call Madeleine or Regina after coming here.

So I picked my bag up and saying a quick bye to Ria, I went out. Finally getting out of the main gate, I looked for a taxi. But what I saw wasn't pleasing at all.

Daniel Harper.

He was standing right out of my apartment building beside his sleek Aston Martin.

I was dreading this, the moment word 'Harper' left Alarick's lips. I had literally forgotten about him and the fact that I had a date or whatever you call it with him.

Our eyes met and whack! He waved at me.

"Hey!" I waved back and walked towards him languidly.

"I thought you were inside." He said removing his shades and giving me a scrutinizing look.