::4::

[January 29th 2014: White teeth teens ranked: Short Story #263 / Romance #905]

We didn't talk all night.

In fact, you never really spoke but when you did it was worth the wait. "Lay with me," You said so quietly, that I almost didn't hear it.  I made my way to you and the butterflies that had been waiting idly in my stomach seemed to awaken and create a storm of nerves. I laid there cuddled up next to you with my head on you chest, listening to the sound of your heart beat and you listened to the sound of my shallow breathing. It was amazing how I could feel so close to someone I didn't even know.

When I woke up in the morning i was alone. It was a feat to even think about going home. I wanted to stay at the park all day and think about the melodic sound of your heart beat but I knew there was a big test in geometry, so i couldn't miss school.

I dragged myself off the jungle gym, my back was sore from sleeping on such a hard surface but it was worth it because I had gotten to spend time with you. I stretched as soon as my feet hit the ground. The sun was rising and the sound of the birds chirping filled my ears.

 I yawned about a million times before i got home. When i walked up the drive way to my house, Dad's, Mom's and Emily's car were out front. I knew I was walking to my death.