Chapter 6 ~ Shadow Knight?

Laurance's POV (Next day)

I ran to Meteli. (Y/N) was in charge of making sure nothing happened to Cadenza. She couldn't have done this, right? No, of course she wouldn't. I came to the house we were staying at to see if I could find any clues. I looked around the house inside the house, inside and out. I decided to check behind the house, because why not? I saw (Y/N), covering in cuts, bruises, and blood. She was knocked out cold. I felt a faint dark presence coming from her. I ran to her side and moved some hair from her face. Then, she started to wake up.

(Y/N)'s POV

I began to wake up with a throbbing headache. As my eyes slowly opened, I saw Laurance looking at me with worry in his eyes.

"I couldn't stop them..." I muttered, my voice sounding a bit raspy.

"I'll be right back," he said quietly. He ran inside the house and came back with a glass of water. He handed it to me and I drank it quickly, allowing the refreshing liquid to moisturize my dry throat. I sat up.

"(Y/N), what happened?" he asked. I let out a small sigh and told him the story.

"Ugh, I'm so stupid," I said as I punched the wall, leaving a visible mark. Laurance was about to say something when his expression changed.

"Did you feel that?" he asked. We paused. I did feel like something was off. I guess it's a guard thing? I looked at him, and like he could read my thoughts, he nodded. We took off towards the forest where Castor lived. We came across a very sketchy lever on a tree. I waited outside, and Laurance went inside. I climbed up in the tree and waited for them to come out. Once they did, Laurance stayed behind for a second.

"Hey Laurance, want to investigate this a bit more. You can go on without me," I said. He nodded and caught up with the lord. I entered the place and cautiously climbed down the ladder. I saw the fire and lava, and I came to a larger part of the cave. There stood a nether portal. I slowly walked closer. I touched the heated obsidian and I fell on the floor. My whole body was consumed by pain. I felt like heart was being squeezed within my chest. I screamed because of it. Sweat dripped from my face and some tears escaped from my eyes. Then, it all stopped and I was transported out out the chamber thing. I ran back to Meteli.

~Timeskip to when she's back in Meteli with Laurance~

"(Y/N), I still think I should introduce you," Laurance said.

"Laurance, I'll be fine! She's like three years younger than me and a total girly-girl. She couldn't hurt a fly," I said in return.

"(Y/N), I'm telling you, Cadenza can be scary," Laurance said, shivering.

"Fine, you may wait here and I'll call you if I need any help, okay?"

"Ugh, fine," He said. I smiled and went into the house. I saw Cadenza sitting at the table reading.

"Um, hi!" I said smiling. She looked up at me. Before I could say anything, she had me pinned to the ground with a dagger at my throat.

"Who are you and what do you want!" she demanded. How did she pin me that quick?

"I uh-" I started.

"Who are you!" she demanded.

"Laurance, you were right now help me!" I yelled. He came in and leaned against the door frame.

"I told you so," he said smirking. Why you little-! I took a deep breath.

"Laurance, help me before I rip your face off," I said as calmly as possible.

"You are unable to do that at the moment," he said matter-a-factly.

"My Irene, just help me, you premature!"

"Hey!" he yelled.

"Help me out of this and I'll never call you that again," I said.

"Ugh, fine. Denza, this is (Y/N). She is my friend," he said. Cadenza slowly released her grip and stood up.

"Are you Laurance's girlfriend?" she asked.

"Why does everyone think that? No, I am not his girlfriend," I replied. We talked for a bit and I went back to the roof and went to sleep.

~~~

691 words

Sorry this chapter is so short! It's basically just a filler chapter.