Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I moved quickly and quietly through the forest. The full moon shined a light on my path, as if guiding me. I felt rejuvenated under her watchful gaze and more eager to see him. I quickened my pace, clutching the sapphire crystal necklace around my neck. I felt his presence even stronger as I got closer and found myself standing in an open stretch of grass, surrounded by trees, overlooked by the moon.

"Lunette." I felt warmth coil around my chest as his silhouette appeared from the tree's shadows.

I don't remember falling asleep but somehow I ended up waking up in bed again. But I do remember having another dream. Except this one wasn't foggy and I could remember bits and parts of it.

Who was I calling out to? Where was I going? Was that . . . Noctis?

What am I thinking. It was just a dream. It didn't actually happen. It was probably just shock from everything that had happened. Probably just my stupid teenage hormones going crazy over a ridiculously attractive man that had saved me from being attacked by thugs. Yup, thats all.

Probably.

I needed to get over this ridiculous urge to sleep . . . and other things.

This time I made sure not to make any sound when I got up, quietly creeping out of bed. I didn't need to faint again and slow myself down. I was still a little lightheaded but otherwise okay. I opened the door tentatively, half expecting there to be a guard waiting outside. There was no guard, but there was something at the foot of the door. I stopped myself from nearly stepping on it. At first I thought it was a cat, but I'm sure cats don't have little wings and elongated ears. At least not ones I'm accustomed to. It's fur was a pure white, with streaks of silver along it's side and around it's long tail. It's eyes were wide and blue, like the ocean, and at the very center of its forehead was a small mark in the shape of a crescent moon.

"Who are you?" I asked the beautiful creature. I could have sworn it smiled at me before coming to stretch against my foot.

Its fur tickled my toes and I giggled at the soft touch, kneeling down to pet its head. "Have we met before?" It purred in response.

"Hey, do you know how to navigate this place?" I asked, making total conversation. Yes, Lunette, because the little cat creature with wings can speak to you.

It made a cute little noise before walking down the hall. It turned its head, as if beckoning me to follow. The little creature padded its way across the wooden floors as I followed it to a set of spiraling stairs that curved its way into a large foyer. "Are we in a mansion?" I had never been in a house as big as this one before. The orphanage was a small cottage home that was just enough for all of us to fit.

Their was a large door embezzled with intricate shapes and designs. The little fur-ball went in the opposite direction of the door and down another hall. "Wait, isn't this the way out?" I went to open it but was stopped by a voice.

"Hey!" I turned to see the blonde boy from before come running down the stairs. "What do you think you're doing?"

"What does it look I'm doing? I'm leaving." I put my hand on the door knob, opening the door just an inch before he slammed his hand down, shutting it.

"Where could you possibly go?" He leered at me, closing me in with his outstretched arm.

"I'm not suppose to be here," I said with as much force as possible. "This is all some kind of mistake. I'm not who you're looking for."

I felt something rub up against my leg and looked down to see the white cat creature looking up at me. "Then how can you see her?" The blonde boy asked.