The Wedding (Chris's POV)

She came down the aisle and for once, I thought I never saw Lex before. She's soooooooooo beautiful in that gown that I just wanted to drop to my knees. As she got closer and stopped. The minister spoke.

"Who gives this woman?" The Minister asked.

"I do." Her father said as I stepped down and helped her up. I couldn't help but smile at how good she's looking.

"We are here today in the presence of family and friends to share with Bride and Groom the most important moment in their lives." He said. Soon the butterflies left and I was a little calm. "Without the love between these two people we would not be here today. What is marriage? It has been said that marriage is that relationship between man and woman in which the independence is equal, the dependence mutual and the obligation reciprocal. Bride and Groom you are now to bring together the best parts of your individuality, uniting spirit, talent and experience to create something better than either of you alone can offer. You must, and I’m sure will, work hard to maintain this union. By this ceremony you will become husband and wife, but the soul of your marriage depends on the constant renewal of the choices and promises out of love for one another you make today." He said pausing to catch his breathe as I wiped my sweaty palms. "Life together will sometimes be playful and effortless, sometimes frustrating and difficult. Each day your relationship will strengthen if you choose to continue to love and honor one another. Love is something beyond the excitement of romance and being in love. It is a committed, thoughtful decision. Love is nurturing. Love is listening. Love is caring about your partner. Love lightens burdens because you divide them. Love intensifies joys because you share them. If you truly love you will always be loyal to one another. No matter what the cost always believe in one another, always expect the best of one another and above all else, always support one another in every day living. Family and friends, we are witnesses to the union of two individuals who choose to commit to a life together. Our responsibility as their friends and witnesses is to provide them as a couple with our love, support and approval. For the beauty around us, the strength it offers and the peace it brings, we are grateful and honored to be a part of the life you have chosen to live as husband and wife from this day forward." He wiped the sweat off his forehead. "Will you Groom have this woman to be your wedded wife, to love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, and forsaking all others, for so long as you both shall live? "

"I do!" I said looking in her beautiful hazel eyes.

"Will you, Bride take Groom to be your wedded husband, to love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, and forsaking all others, so long as you both shall live?"

"I do." She said as I watched her wipe a tear. Emotional ass.

"Take hands and repeat after me. I, your name, take you, her name , to be my wedded wife, to have and to hold, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, to love and to cherish, from this day forward."

"I, Christopher, take you, Alexis, to be my wedded wife, to have and to hold, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, to love and to cherish, from this day forward." I said.

"I, Alexis , take you, Chris, to be my wedded husband, to have and to hold, for better or for worse, for richer of for poorer, to love and to cherish, from this day forward." She said.

"Rings please." He said as I grabbed the ring from Deon. "Place the ring on the bride’s finger and say, with this ring, I thee wed."

"With this ring, I thee wed." I said sliding the ring on her finger. I saw her look at it in amazement. Ya boy did good. I smiled as she looked back at me.

"Place the ring on the groom’s finger and say, with this ring, I thee wed."

"With this ring, I thee wed." She said sliding the ring on my finger.

"In as much as Bride and Groom have consented together in wedlock and have witnessed the same before this company, and pledged their vows to each other, by the authority vested in me by the State of Hawaii, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss your bride." He said as I quickly met her lips with mine. Giving her one of the good ones.

"I love you." I said against her lips.

"I love you too." She smiled as we walked back down the aisle with eachother as everybody clapped and cheered for us.

*

We were at the reception and everything was just going great. Alexis really enjoyed the day. Now it was time for the best man and maid of honor to say something.

"You know Chris. You been my boy since we started working at Footlocker those long 7 or 8 years ago. I never seen you have this much love for any woman except Lex. Everybody knew you two were meant to be and now look. Y'all are now married. I wish the best to you both and hope for many good years out of this and I think that's it. I love you guys." He said putting the mic down as everybody cheered and clapped.

"Wait. Can I say something real quick?" Mike asked. "Uh, I just wanna say man the years were crazy. I rememer when Chris first met Alexis. She had just moved here and wouldn't give my bro the time nor day. Soon they started hanging out and then next thing you know, they were it. The next Jay and B to y'all, but Rosie and Randolph to us." He laughed. "Honestly Chris man. I'm proud of you and I just wanna let you two know that I love y'all and I hope this marriage is good to you guys." He said as everybody clapped. Then Key stepped up and said something.

"You know when I first met Chris, the first thing that came to mind was. Who is this guy? Alexis had been telling me about him and everything was about Chris. Chris this, Chris that. Soon Chris was all you heard." She said as we all chuckled. "Over the years, Chris became a big brother to me and everytime him and Lex would have their moments, I would have to check him. Long story short, I still got that heat if you want it." She said looking at me and laughing.

"I love you too Key!" I said as I laughed.

"Everybody pick up your glasses and let's toast it up to Chris and Lex." She said lifting her glass.

"To Chris and Lex!" Everybody said and took a drink.

"Can't wait for our honey moon tonight." I whispered in her ear as she smiled.

"Sure thing Mr. Brown."

"First night as Mrs. Brown." I smiled.

"Make it something to remember."

*****************************

Readers, I enjoyed the journey we had with this book! There's probably a good chapter or two left. I hate that this book has to come to an end because it came from nothing to something with the help of you all. I just wanna thank you all from the bottom of my heart. Now just cause this book is just about over doesn't mean that you won't hear from them. You never know, they might pop up in one of my other books or something. Idk lol :)