The past is haunting. Part 1

Jokers POV
It had been two weeks since Harley had been home. I didn't want to do any jobs  as she was still building her strength but money was starting to get tight. "PUDDIN WE ARE OUT OF MILK!" I rolled my eyes and walked into the kitchen to find Harley bending over to look in the fridge. She hadn't noticed I was there. I walked up behind her and jokingly grabbed her hips causing her to squeak. "What's your obsession with buying things at the moment Harls? If you would let me steal we wouldn't of run out by now." She shook her head. "You promised for a month we can be normal and that means PAYING for things." I shook my head and pulled her in close shutting the fridge door. "Baby please we are running low on money and my men are hungry. More importantly I'm hungry. Harley what's for dinner tonight?" She looked around thinking. "Maybe.... I don't know puddin we are out." I kissed her cheek. She wrapped her arms around my neck. "Send some of your men but only essentials." I kissed her pulling her even closer. She pulled away. "Now go before I change my mind." She said with a giggle as she shooed me away. I was so happy I ran into the main living room. "Boys GO GET US SOME DINNER!" They all cheered and filed out the door. I heard my stomach grumble. "HARLEY!" She walked up behind me wrapping her arms around my waist. "Yes puddin." She said as I felt her rise to kiss the side of my neck. I purred and leaned my head so she could get to more of my neck. I turned to face her and her arms wrap around my neck mine still round her waist. I kiss her passionately until she pulls away. "Puddin my stomach hurts." I stick my bottom lip out. "Awe baby. What do you want me to do about it?" I said and pull my lip back in. She shrugged. "Exactly." I pulled her in closer and i heard her stomach growl. I sighed. "They will be back soon baby." She giggled and went back into the kitchen. I growled and ran after her. I walked into the kitchen but I couldn't see her anywhere. "Harley."

//flash back//
"Harley baby come home we can work this out." She shook her head. I noticed the blood running down her arm. I felt my heart speed up and my chest get tight. I took a step towards her but she edged back. "Don't forget to feed Bud and Lou." She stepped backwards and I fell to my knees.

//flash back over.//
I feel tears fill my eyes as I drop to my knees. "Not again. I can't lose you again." I feel tears run down my face as I begin to sob into my hands. "Baby where are you?" I feel a pain in my chest as I cry.

Harley's POV
I ran into the kitchen and using my gymnastics skills I climbed into one of the high cupboards. I pulled the door to and peeped out of the crack I had left. He ran in after me a second after when I saw him freeze. "Harley." I hear him whisper. "Baby come home we can work this out." I begin to worry. What's wrong with him? I saw him fall to his knees and begin to sob. "Not again I can't lose you again." A smile spread across my face. He did love me. All this time I had a little doubt but now I knew. He slammed his fists into the floor splitting the side of his hands open. He ran his bleeding hands through his green hair. I had to stop this. I went to get out my hiding spot but I froze. He was angry. He hadn't hurt me since I came back but I was still scared. He slammed his fist into the door of a cupboard next to him causing a dent in the wood. I took a deep breath as I prepared to leave. He stands up and punches the wall and I see blood pouring from his knuckles. I decide to stay put. He keeps hitting the wall over and over again. He begins to slow down and I see the blood covering the wall and running down on to the floor. I feel a tear roll down my cheek. He pulls a chair out and sits at the table his head in his hands. All I can hear are his sobs. I've never seen him like this before. It was heartbreaking. I quietly get down from my cupboard and go up behind me placing a hand on his shoulder. He flung his hand round back handing me. I should have known he hadn't changed. I grabbed me cheek and suddenly his eyes softened. "Harley baby I'm sorry."  I felt another tear roll down my cheek. He grabbed my arm and pulled me in close to him when we heard the front door open. The blood ran off his hand and into my hair as he stroked it. I cried into his chest when he lifted his hand from my head. I'm guessing to wave someone away. He kissed my forehead and closed his eyes. His warm breath in my skin soothed me. I look up and when he opened his eyes I can see guilt consuming him. Maybe he is changing. Slowly. He can't even hold my gaze. He looks away then notices the blood he put in my hair. "Baby where were you? How much did you see?" I nodded towards the cupboard. "All of it." He inhaled and kissed my forehead. "Go have a shower baby I got blood on you." I shook my head and grabbed a first aid kit. "Let me help you first." I pulled a chair out behind him and he sits down holding out his hands. I get the alcohol out the first aid kit and pour it over his hands. He doesn't even seem to batter an eyelid. I wrap his knuckles and the side of his hand up before kissing him on the head and heading towards the stairs. I walk out and nick grabs my shoulder. "Harley are you ok I saw the blood and...." he trailed off as I turned to face him. "I'm fine thanks he is the one who is hurting." He looked at me confused. "What happened." I sat on the sofa and told him the story from the time I entered the kitchen. "He really didn't handle losing you well the first time. Have you heard anything about while you were gone?" I shook my head. "Well I'll start at the beginning." We sat there and spoke for hours about what happened while I was gone. It wasn't until I felt a hand in my shoulder did I turn around. "Harley... I made you some pasta. It's not much but I've been trying for so long. I hope you like it." He handed me a bowl. "I'm going to bed don't be to long it's already late." I look up at the clock. 11:30pm I nod and he leans down to kiss me. "I'll see you soon baby." I nod and kiss him before he leaves. I wait for him to go up the stairs before I turn around. Aren't you eating Harley?" I giggled."I don't have a fork." He stood up and returned with a fork. The first bite of my pasta tasted like heaven. I hadn't eaten in two days I was so hungry. After I devoured my pasta a said goodnight to nick and went to my bedroom. I walked in to find Mr J asleep. He is topless and only in his grey baggy trousers. He looks so quiet. I get undressed and slip into bed next to him. He stirs slightly and pulled me into him.
I walk down the stairs to find him sat on the sofa. "Hey puddin." He doesn't even turn around. "Mr J." He stood up and walked towards me. "WHAT THE FUCK HARLS!" I felt myself start to shake. "Your so fucking stupid." He pushed me into the wall and punched me in the stomach. I went to double over in pain but he grabbed my throat and held me to the wall. "Now Harley." He kissed my neck. "Your going to enjoy this."

To be continued