Not so sweet sixteenth

Emeralds POV
I woke up at 4:00 am. It was my 16th birthday I was so excited. The day was celebrations then tonight I get to make my dad proud. I thought about waking them up but I wasn't even sure if they would have gone to sleep yet. I had a plan. I would pretend someone was in the bathroom and I needed to use theirs. Fool proof. I opened the door and was greeted by a very drunk henchman.
"Well helloooo hot stuff." He slurred. He swayed and started moving towards me. I went to call dad but then I realised I'm 16 I can take care of myself. Plus he was drunk easy target. I went to punch him but he grabbed my arm and held it to my back. I lifted my foot and kicked him in the groin. He moaned and fell to the floor.
"Pervert!" I spat at him as I walk away.
"Miss Emerald I must advise you to go back to your room." I turned to see frost picking the guy off the floor.
"Why? Why must you advice me Jonny you're in no position to tell me what to do. Dad said until I'm 16. Guess what today is." I froze as I heard a faint moan from down the corridor.
"I'll go back to my room thank you Jonny." He smiled as I hurried back into my room and shoved my head under my pillow. I never got used to this no matter how much they did it. I then remembered why I tried to sleep late at night. I pulled the cover over the pillow and over my head. I got my phone and saw I had a text from Ivy.

'Hey princess I can't believe you've grown up this quickly happy 16th love you lots.'

My first happy birthday wish. I hadn't heard from Eric since I went round his so I wasn't expecting a message from him.

Now I really had to pee. I put my headphones in but then I realised what time it was. All the men were lined up to have their showers. I could go in front of them but then they may be late and I kind of liked some of dads men. I shouldn't of had all that water before I went to bed.

Suddenly someone pulled one of my headphones out. I could still hear them down the hall and it disgusted me. "You don't have to wait in this Line you know?" Nick said to me I nodded.

"But I like you lot I don't want him to shoot you and I'm definitely not going to their bathroom." He chuckled and walked towards Mum and dads room.
I put my headphone back in until dad came out in trousers and waved me over.
"You're an awkward little bitch you know that right?" I laughed and went into there bathroom. When I came back out they were both on their phones.
"Oo intimate." I said mockingly. I got a stern look from dad and a disappointed one from Mum. Just to be a bitch I went to sit on the end of the bed.
"Out!" The words had left dads lips before I had even touched the bed. I put my headphones back in and returned to my room.

A few moments later Mum came in crying. I removed my headphones and she hugged me.
"What's wrong?" She just shook her head so I hugged her for a minute to calm her down. I then heard angry footsteps heading towards us then I knew. My door flew open.
"Hiding behind our daughter real fucking mature harls! What the fuck Harley?! Can't you trust me?" His anger turned to pain.
"Why can't you trust me?" With that he left leaving me with Mum who was curled in the corner of the room. I went to hug her but she pushed me away.
What a great start to my birthday.
"Mum please tell me what happened?" She shook her head.
"Just give me your phone." I did as I was told then she instructed me to leave the room. I went downstairs to find dad drinking. What a surprise.
"What the fuck happened?" He didn't answer.
"Dad answer me!" He didn't even turn around.
"Your mother is going to Ivy's you can go with her or stay with me it's up to you." I froze for a minute this wasn't for good was it? It couldn't of been for good.
"Dad this isn't permanent is it?" He just shrugged.
"Where are you going to go Emmie. I think for your own safety you should go with your mother. She won't want your here with me she will feel your unsafe." I felt a tear roll down my face.
"Dad." He stood up and I could tell he was angry. I felt myself start to shake.
"What the fuck do you want me to say Em! Everything's going to be ok we will be fine by the morning! Is that what you want me to say? Because for fuck sake your 16 you can figure it out!"
I saw Mum walk down the stairs she was now dressed properly.
"Leave her alone!" He laughed.
"The whore speaks. You never had anything to say when I beat you for years on end did you Harley! You didn't have anything to say when I stomped on you and killed our first baby!" They both froze.
I was meant to have an older sibling. I was supposed to me someone's little sister.
"Wait what?" I saw tears in both their eyes only dad was better at holding his in.
"Didn't we tell you. Your dad killed your older brother." I heard the spite in her voice. Dad suddenly softened.
"Harley... baby." He went to hug her but she slapped his hand away.
"Don't fucking Harley baby me."
"STOP!" I couldn't take it anymore. Tears flooded my face. They both looked at me.
"It's my 16th birthday we are meant to be a happy family. No fighting no hitting no nothing. Today was meant to be a happy day! Why can nothing ever go right with this family!"
"Princess.."
"Don't call me princess. Just tell me what happened I'm not a child anymore!" They looked at each other for a moment. Before leading me to the sofa.
Ivy opened the front door ready for a fight I guess as she seemed so on edge. She saw us all sat on the and sighed.
"Don't you dare tell me this is another false alarm harls." My Mum shook her head.