Pain

Jokers POV
I saw Harley hobbling down the stairs. She was six months pregnant. This seemed all to familiar. I breathed and tried to stay calm. I couldn't let anything anger me not even a little bit. I walked to the bottom of the stairs and helped her to the sofa. "Do you want something to drink?" I asked trying to take care of her as best I could. I had no clue what I was doing. "Puddin I'm already peeing every five seconds."
"You need to hydrate!" We hear nick shout from across the room. I hated how close he had gotten with Harley but what was I to do. They were just friends... right? She giggled. "Some water would be lovely." I felt like a slave I walked into the kitchen. Why was I doing all this what was the point? To bring a baby into this cruel unforgiving world that I had grown to hate so much. I went to leave when I stopped and placed my hand on the fridge. I looked at the two baby scans side by side. One you couldn't even tell was a baby and in the other you could tell she was a little girl. Then I remembered why I did it. For her. I kissed the scans then the picture of Harley and carried her water through. I handed it to her before grabbing my jacket. "Mr J where are you going?" I kissed her on the forehead. "Don't worry yourself Harley. Watch your cartoons and be a good girl." I smiled as I realised soon she wouldn't be the only one I told to watch her cartoons. The more I thought about it the more I realised I already had a kid.
I stood on top of the building waiting for falcone. When he finally turned up he stepped out the helicopter with five men all armed. "You're late." I exclaimed pointing at a watch I didn't have on. "How much do you want?" He looked at his men and they raised their guns. I knew he was scared to ask the next question. "Your empire." I looked at him for a moment before laughing. He looked too comfortable around me. I had to make him uneasy I had to be in control. I stepped on to the ledge of the building. I turned and looked over the 'bad' part of Gotham. "You want my empire. For the protection of my family." I spun around on my heel. "Tempting falcone... but no dice." He put his hands in his pockets. "Before I consider anything you tell me how you knew." He shook his head. "I have my ways Joker." I lunged forward and put a knife to his throat. His men trained their guns on me. "They were too slow I could have killed you by the time they had reacted... you need some new ones." I smiled and looked at the guns. He raised his hand and the guns went down. "Anyway where were we. Oh I remember. Who told you." I said as I dug the knife into his throat. I heard him sigh making me force the knife harder into his skin. "Batman." The smile drained from my face. I put the knife even harder to his skin strangling him slightly. "YOU'RE LYING!" I screamed as the bat swooped down. "Betsy can't you see I'm a little busy." I said pulling the knife away and turning to him. "Listen Joker." Batman said to me stern as ever. "you have no need for your empire anymore it will be too dangerous for your family. The gang fights the robberies the meetings that get out of hand. Do you want your daughter to die, because of you." He paused for a minute. I knew he was right but I couldn't admit it. "You already nearly lost Harley once... or must I remind you." Before anyone knew what was going on I punched him in the mouth causing his lip to split. "YOU KNOW NOTHING!" He smiled. "Hit a sore nerve did I Joker?" I took a moment to compose myself I ran the game not them. "Why are you teaming up with the bad guys now anyway bat? Your mummy and daddy wouldn't be pleased." Nothing. "And I wonder what Alfred would say. Or Barbara." I smiled as he lunged at me pinning me to the floor. I laughed as he hit me. "Touch a nerve did I batsy." The next thing I know he is pushed off me. "Sir I tried." I looked up to see Harley and nick. Harley her old mallet in hand. "Harley you shouldn't be here I was doing fine." She dropped the mallet and hugged me. "Looked like it."
"You're practically glowing miss Quinn." I looked at falcone as the words left his lips. "Why thank you. So what is the point of this meeting?" She asked hobbling towards him. It was funny to see her trying to be all intimidating while walking like cobblepot. I held back a snigger and watched. "Protection. For you and your family all I ask it the Jokers empire." She laughed and spun round hitting him in the nose. "Tempting.." I butted in. "I already said that one harls." She sighed. "Just fuck you." His men hadn't even put their gun up to Harley. When they went to batman took them out. He could be useful. Sometimes.
Falcone lunged at Harley but batman took him out. "See why do I need protection when I got you b man." She laughed and I lead her to the helicopter. I shot the pilot and nick flew us home.

"What were you thinking harls!" Ivy was pacing around our living room.
I knew Harley would listen to her. "It's not just your own life you're risking now you know that?" Harley nodded. "If he feels the need to call me." She said gesturing my way. "You know you fucked up. Harley you need to think about yourself now. He is a big boy he can take of himself but this baby. This baby needs you." Harley nodded and Ivy gave her a hug. "Can I talk to you for a minute Ivy?" She followed me into the kitchen. "I don't say this a lot and mean it but... thank you." She rolled her eyes. "You're welcome but just because you're going to be a dad doesn't mean you can turn soft on me Jokey." She laughed. "I'll show myself out."

/3 months later/
Harley's POV
I woke in the middle of the night and I wasn't sure why. As soon as I got out bed Mr J woke up. "Harley are you ok is it happening?" I giggled and shook my head. "I'm just going to the toilet... again." I was fed up of being pregnant. The constant peeing and the pain and the swelling I was done. I walked well hobbled into the toilet when I felt an intense pain in my stomach. I breathed and just tried to ignore it. It was over in two seconds. I went and got back into bed but I couldn't get comfortable. "Baby I'm sorry to be a pain but can you fucking lay still." I lay there for a moment but I was so uncomfortable. I decided I needed to walk around. I got up and waddled around the room. After  a few hours of fidgeting and wondering I found myself on the sofa when the next pain struck. Oh no. This is it. "PUDDIN!" I screamed as I knew he was three floors up. Nothing. "PUDDIN!!!" I screamed again nothing. One of his men on guard must of heard me. "Everything ok miss Quinn?" I nodded. "Can you got Mr J for me please. Tell him this is it." He ran up the stairs and within seconds a sleepy yet wide awake Joker leaped down the stairs. We had opted for a home birth for obvious reasons. No one would let us in a hospital. Nothing happened for ages except I had warm towels and blankets and things to keep me comfortable. When my waters broke I had to stand up so they could change the towels under me. While experiencing the worst pain in my life. Nothing else happened until I could feel the head. "Puddin I can feel her head." He just told me to push. "How is that stretching that far!" I shot him a look of anger. "Shut up! I don't fucking know how but I know it hurts." After a few more minutes the pain stopped. I heard screaming. "She's got a fine set of lungs baby." He joked but I was too tired. He cut the cord and cleaned her off she was still screaming. He then wrapped her up in a blanket and handed her to me. Neither of us could stop smiling. I lay her on my chest. "I'm proud of you baby." He said as she began to quiet down. "She still doesn't have a name yet puddin." As I said that she looked up at me with the most stunning green eyes you have ever seen. They were like emeralds. "Emerald." He said kissing me on the cheek. I smiled at the name. "Little emerald." He kissed her forehead then mine. "you are sleeping down here I'm guessing." I nodded I was exhausted. With that two men brought the cot down and he placed her in it and rocked her to sleep. I couldn't help but smile at the picture. He looked normal for a brief moment he even looked sane. Once she was asleep he kneeled down next to me and fell sleep.