Chapter 2

"I didn't realize it would be so difficult." Rena said.
"It said hard on the label." I chuckled.
She pouted, "Don't laugh!"
It was only a week since I arrived in Rehd City and I felt like I was at home. Through a stroke of luck I was able to make friends with the girl I bumped into at the park.
Some people may say that she was just being nice and she really doesn't want to be my friend. To be fair, it would make sense.
"Rena. . . do you see me as a friend?" I asked. Maybe I would be able to get the truth.
She stopped eating her fries and looked at me, "Of course I do. You've made this past week a blast. If it werent for you I wouldn't have any friends."
With your looks? I doubt it. I thought.
She shifted closer to me and nudged me with her shoulder, "I like you Brad. It's always fun."
I smiled inside as if having a small party in my brain.
I didn't believe that anything was happening. I couldn't believe that I met a girl who tolerates me and likes being around me.
"I was only asking in case I was bothering you." I explained.
She grabbed my face and forced it to look at her, "Hell no are you bothering me!"
I started to laugh. I started and couldn't stop. Two minutes would pass before I would come to a stop.
She stared at me as if I were a maniac.

I walked home alone. I looked upon the vast skies and dirtied clouds, which reminded me of a time where I hadn't the need to cry.
I stepped through the door and plopped down on the couch.
"Had a fun week?" Jessica asked.
"You bet! I am a little burnt out though." I responded in a soft voice exhausted from constant walking.
It seems that this new school was much larger than my last one. It was divided into three schools, one of which was an academy.
I rolled off of the couch and took off my shoes. I walked into my room and dropped off my bookbag and jumped into my bed. I hid under my blanket and shut my eyes.
I just need a moment of sleep. I thought.
My word faded and I was thrown into my own illusion.
Rena and I were walking home. I hadn't noticed but every so often she would look at me. I didn't want to point it out and make things awkward.
"Its just this way." Rena pointed.
I didn't expect that she would live in such luxury. It was quite a big house.
She unlocked the door and stepped inside pulling me with her. I was amazed with how modern the house was decorated.
"Come follow me." She beckoned me.
"Are you sure? I don't think I should be here." I said.
"Don't be shy."
I'm not that shy. I just don't want to be shot by an angry father. I thought.
She took my hand into hers and guided me into her room. I felt somewhat special but at the same time scared.
I dropped my bookbag on the floor and took off my shoes. I placed them by the window in case I needed to jump out.
"So what did you want to tell me?" I unconsciously asked.
"Nothing really important." She said.
I sat on the corner of her bed shy to get close to her. I felt the bed move as if she was moving.
Curious, I turned to look at her and she was right next to me. Her eyes were looking into mine. Her hand found it's way to the side of my face. She glanced at my lips and then back up to my eyes.
"Is there something in my eye?" I chuckled awkwardly.
Rena gave a soft chuckle and pulled me in for a kiss.
I woke up on the floor of my room. It wasn't uncommon to fall off of my bed. I felt sweat under my arms. I sat up and scrambled for my phone. I had a missed call from Rena but I felt a little dirty. I did have a dream about. . .
I need to stop myself. I thought.
I stood up and walked out and into the living room. Jessica was most likely in her room.
My door bell rung and I jumped back. No one came to the house all week and suddenly we have got a visitor.
I opened the door and it was Rena.
"Okay how did you find where I live?" I asked.
"You sent me your location and forgot to turn it off. I wanted to tell you something but you didn't pick up my calls." Rena said.
"You could have texted me." I sat down on the couch and she followed.
"I have a friend who in interested in meeting you."
I don't really want to meet anymore people. I think one friend is good enough for me. I thought.
My phone rang, "Hello?"
"You leave on a whim and dont talk to me anymore!" Martha yelled.
"I haven't had the time."
I had the time. I thought.
"Well anyway turns out that Amauri moved as well." Martha said.
A coincidence? I thought.

Luckily my weekend was just beginning. Rena and I had plans to roam the boardwalk. I had a lot of money to spend from my last job and I doubt I could save it.
"Jessica has been dying to meet you. As creepy as it may sound I talk quite a bit about you." I said.
"Who's Jessica?" Rena crisscrossed her legs.
"My step-mother."
She gave me a grave look of worry. I believe it was because of my real mother.
My mother passed away when I was born and yet I still feel that emotional connection. I get flashes of her face in my mind every so often but can never make it out.
"My biological mother passed away if that's what you're wondering. During my birth." I explained.
"Damn. I wonder. . ." Rena stopped talking.
What do you wonder? I thought.
I did wonder what she was going to say but in the end it was probably nothing I wanted to hear. The tone of her voice was a lot more grim upon hearing about my mother. I guess a lot has happened in my life so far.
Jessica came through the door and her face lit up, "Oh my God is that a girlfriend already?"
"Just a friend. This is the girl I was talking about the other day." I explained.
Rena's head was pointed downward and somewhat red.
Was she blushing or just irritated? I thought.
"I'm Rena. Brad told me a little bit about who you were but not very much." Rena introduced herself.