Chapter 16

"You feel happy now?" I slurred. "You feel complete? You hurt me enough already might as well finish me off. You think you're above the rest?"
"I don't need to be above the rest because there is no 'rest'. I am the only one." Rena said.
I shook my head.
"Don't worry anymore. I'll take good care of you my love." She spoke softly yet sternly.
"What the fuck happened to you? What happened to the girl I used to love seeing in the mornings? To the girl I wanted to be with for a long time? Rena. . .you've changed for the worse." I said.
I felt her gasp of breath. She then stopped moving. "You're saying i'm a bad girlfriend? You want to leave me?"
"We haven't been together for a long time Rena." I said.
"You're lying." She stepped back in shock.
I shook my head again.
"But you said. . ."
"I love you Rena, but you are too unstable. You've almost killed 5 people." I explained. "Matter of fact I believe you already killed one."
"No. . ."
"Where is Gina then?"
Rena let out a shout and ran out of the room.
It was dark around me aside from the one light that illuminated me and 2 feet.
I have been stuck here for well over two days now. I believe that it has been two days but maybe not.
Lilah i'm sorry. I. . . I thought.
My mind went blank for a moment. I felt my head move all around as if I were on drugs. My stomach groaned for help.
Hungry. I thought.

I woke up with the smell of freshly baked chicken and steamed vegetables. I'm too used to smelling it.
Rena sat in front of me smiling with the food in her hands.
"Time to eat. I made one of your favorite meals." She said.
Ill give you that much. I thought.
She began to feed me in fear I wouldn't be compliant on my own. I may have wanted to jump off of a bridge but I wouldn't starve myself.
What is worse is that my mother has no clue about what is happening.
Rena wiped my mouth and put a cup of water to my lips and lifted slightly. The water tasted amazing. I hadn't known that one day I would be locked in a basement dying of hunger and thirst.
"Take your time baby." Rena smiled.
I ended up drinking the whole cup. The food was great I have to admit.
"Why don't you just let me go?" I asked.
She put down the plate, "For your protection my love."
"From who?" I asked.
"Lilah. I can't kill her so I'll keep you from her." She said.
Can't kill her? I thought.
"You're probably wondering why I wont kill her." Rena chuckled lightly.
I was puzzled.
"She is a part of my family." Rena explained. "She's my non-related cousin but still part of my family. If she disappeared it would be quite a story."
What? Jesus Christ this family is too wild for me. I thought.
The doorbell upstairs went off. Rena reluctantly left the basement quickly.
I was left alone again. Worst part about it was the hot food sitting on the table. The smell was too irresistable.
I heard some thumping which was frightening to me. There was also some yelling.
The door opened but I couldn't tell who it was. There were stairs there so it makes sense.
"Hello?" I said.
There was no answer. This person went down the stairs but the darkness covered their face.
"Um. . ." My voice trembled a little.
They didn't move much but instead stared at me. I did hear a gasp but I couldn't tell if it were me or not.
"What the hell is this?" The voice was familiar.
The person stepped forward and revealed himself as Gary, "I was told that I would find you here."
"By who?" I asked.
"Lilah, who else?" Gary chuckled. "Let's get you out of there huh?"
He pulled out a knife and cut my binds. I stood up slowly and regained my balance.
We walked up the stairs together. He strayed behind in case I would fall. I didn't have my balance for some reason. I didn't feel any bruises but I just couldn't walk.
I saw a mess in the kitchen and the living room. Rena wasn't on the floor and there wasnt any blood.
"Was she hurt?" I asked.
"Still worried about her huh? No, I defended myself. I wasnt going to hurt her." Gary acknowledged.
I nodded.
We made it to his car and then drove off. I picked up my belongings before we left. I had a lot of messages.
"Hey mom." I said.
"Where the fuck are you? I was worried sick!" Jessica yelled.
"I was kidnapped by Rena. Gary came and found me." I said.
"What? Are you okay? Did she hurt you?"
"Surprisingly, no."

I fell onto my bed and sank into the warm blanket. My body was weak but rich with energy at the same time.
Lilah called me, "Hello?"
"So you never told me." I said.
"About Rena and I?" She asked.
"Would've stayed away from you if I'd known. None of this would have happened." I explained.
"But. . ."
"Goodbye Lilah." I hung up and put my phone down. I turned on my side and closed my eyes.
"So that's over then?" Gary asked.
"Yeah bud." I said.
"Well goodnight." Gary told me.
"Why did you want to sleep over my house?" I asked.
"Worried."
I nodded.