And if I heard closely, I heard crying also.

Kat's crying.

I didn't think much before I ran down the ally, she had to be okay. Please. Once I got close to the voices, I saw three men around Kat, one was holding Kat's hands behind her back, one was just standing there, and one of them with a pocketknife against Kat's neck.

***

(Kat's POV)

My heart raced fast, "please just let me go."

All three of them laughed, "I don't think so sweetheart."

"She said to fucking let her go," I heard a familiar voice call out. I squinted in the darkness to see exactly what I had hoped for, Zayn.

Everyone turned to look at him, then the guy who was just standing there said, "I think it's best if you don't get caught up in this, alright?"

Zayn ignored him and started towards me, "you okay?"

I nodded, tears still falling down my cheeks.

"So you both know each other, isn't that adorable," the guy holding my hands said.

"Don't you dare fucking hurt her," Zayn said to the guy with the pocketknife.

"Oh you mean like this?" His knife moved down to my arm and sliced through it quickly. I whimpered as I felt him cut through my skin, I our down to see blood coming out of my skin.

Zayn didn't hesitate while darting forward towards him. The guy who was behind me let go of me and the ran towards Zayn as the other guy followed. The pocketknife guy took the place of the other man and held my hands behind my back, his pocketknife held to my neck.

I watched as the other two grabbed Zayn and beat him. They both punched him in the gut but he couldn't do anything. They were both bigger than him and he was trapped.

"Stop! Please!" I cried. I couldn't watch him getting hurt like that.

I felt a hot breath against my neck, "this is amusing, don't you think?"

"Please tell them to stop," I said as Zayn started to bleed, "please."

"Hit him harder," the man yelled instead.

So they hit him harder, and he was getting hurt. I started to sob, I couldn't watch him getting hurt like that. I just couldn't.

He looked up at me and I looked back. Our eyes met for a split second, and he acted as if nothing was happening to him.

"Zayn," I barely whispered, but he heard it. Once he did, he fought back.

He dodged every punch thrown at him, then began to hit back. The guy behind me stiffened and watched as his men were beat.

Zayn picked up a nearby shovel and hit them with that. He hit one guy straight in the head, causing him to stumble backwards and fall. He kicked the other and hit him with the shovel also, he fell back and moaned in pain.

Zayn knew that they would get up at any given moment so he didn't waste any time as he walked towards us.

"Let her go." Zayn ordered.

I started to shake, my legs beginning to fail under me. I was so frightened that something might happen to Zayn, I was trembling.

"I'm alright," the man said, "but thanks for the offer."

Zayn started towards him, the shovel in his hand.

"If you even take a step forward, she is going to get hurt." The man said, tightening his grip on the knife.

Zayn froze, then turned to look at me. I swallowed the giant lump in my throat, not knowing what to do. My mind searched for ideas but I found none.

"What do you want?" Zayn asked the man, surrendering.

"A lot of things," he said, "but there is something on the top of my wish list." He brought his lips to my cheek and kissed it roughly, I stiffened, wanting to push him back but I was unable to. I saw Zayn flinch from the corner of my eye.

"Don't touch her," Zayn said.

"That's the least I would do to her," he whispered in my ear.

Zayn lunged forward, his temper getting the best of him as he punched the man in the face. He stumbled backwards, his grip in my hands loosening enough for me to escape his grasp. Luckily I could run away from the man before he got up and regained his balance.

He picked up his pocketknife and started towards Zayn.

I quickly searched around for something to help when my eyes landed on Zayn's and my phone laying on the ground. I hurriedly picked them up and realized that both of them weren't working from the impact after they fell. But I had to fake it.

Once I had them in my hands, I realized that my hands were shaking uncontrollably, my breathing heavy, sobs escaping my lips, arm covered in blood. I pretended to call the police and put the phone up to my ear.

The man who had the knife turned towards me and grew wide eyed, "what the fuck are you doing?"

I didn't reply instead just saying, "hello, 911?"

Zayn took this moment of distraction as an advantage. He grabbed the pocketknife out of the guy's hand, and aimed it at him.

"I think it's best if you leave," Zayn said, "now."

The guy gave Zayn a child hard stare before realizing it was probably best if he left. He ran to his half-conscious men and told them to run before the cops came.

I watched as all three of them ran down the ally and out of sight.

I felt arms wrap around me, causing me to flinch and my heart rate to go out of control. "Relax darling," Zayn whispered, it's just me."

I turned to face him and fell into his arms. "Zayn," I spoke, tears falling down my eyes.

He held me tight, resting his chin on the top of my head. "It's okay baby, I'm here now."

I shook my head, "Zayn," was all I could manage to say. I still couldn't believe everything that had just happened.

My heart rate calmed down slowly, feeling safe in his arms. He ran his hand up and down my back soothingly, reassuring me that it was him.

After a while of silence, I pulled apart to look at Zayn. He had blood on his forehead, also a cut on his lips. He had a lot of bruises, along with many other cuts too.

"I'm so sorry Zayn," I croaked.

He shook his head, "this isn't your fault Kat. Okay? Please don't blame yourself. This is all my fault, I should've picked you up when I promised." He took a deep breath, "please forgive me Kat."

Now I shook my head, "this isn't your fault."

His hazel eyes looked straight down into my tear filled ones. He brought his finger up to my cheeks and wiped tears that continued to fall. He leaned down and pressed his lips against mine, both of us feeling relieved.

I fluttered my eyes shut as he pulled me in close. I tasted the blood on his lips but didn't mind it, all that mattered was him.

-----------

I hope you're enjoying! Vote, follow me, and leave feedback. :) <3